Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cuteness contained within

As we're getting ready for bed, I thought about reading Love you Forever to the kiddos.

"This would be a perfect time to read that book, since Daddy's not home. If he heard it, it might make him cry."
And the kids giggled.
Then Bucket asked, "Why? Is he allergic to it?"

(Michael's aside: It made me TEAR UP. It did NOT make me CRY. It's different.)

Bucket was crying because we couldn't find the book. And I had gotten a liiiiiiiiiitle irritated at them for shrieking and playing on their slide while I searched for it.
Since she had made SUCH a fuss about the eye drops for pink eye being salty, I had her taste her tears.
"They taste SALTY, don't they?" I triumphantly proclaimed.

"They taste like eyeballs." She retorted.

Bucket: 1
Mommy: 0

Bruise was wild to try them. When he nabbed a tear off of Bucket's cheek, he popped it into his mouth.

"TASTES WIKE COCONUT!!!!"

And that's when I told him that HE was a coconut.

Good times, good times.

No comments: