Sunday, February 20, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 20

Day 20 - Someone you see yourself marrying or being with in the future

At first, I thought this would be the STUPIDEST entry. (Well, besides the "who would you want to trade lives with.) Because, you see ... schmoopy as it sounds, I've found and am with the one person that I want to marry and be with in the future.

It's really true. 

When I was in my teens (probably around 15 or so), my mom had me make a list of the attributes that I wanted in my future mate. And I made a list. And misplaced it for years. After I married Michael, I found it again. And I was glad that my mom had me put into words all that I had been looking for. Because he fit EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.
  • Worthy Priesthood holder
  • Would take me to the temple
  • Returned Missionary
  • Intelligent (I desperately wanted someone smarter than I am.
    And, regardless of what he claims, I really did get it. ^_^)
    (It's a bone of contention, really. We both claim that the other is more intelligent. But we KNOW that I'm right on this one. I don't have to talk down to him on most subjects. Which is lovely.)
  • Taller than me
  • Tolerates cats
  • Good kisser
  • Likes music
  • Handsome
  • Would take me dancing
  • and a few others

Really, and I know it sounds all hokey, but I have the perfect man for me. He loves me -- in spite of my myriad failings, gives me what I need, is a wonderful husband and a terrific father to two adorable and smart children (see?? He's got AWESOME DNA). 

He's ... perfect for me. And I really can't imagine life without him.
So I've forbidden him to die before me. And he's agreed.

Well, here's pictures of us. Because ... well, ... it's my blog and if I want to plaster gushy stuff about my man, I can.

"For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow."
Rosemonde Gerard


"kisses are a better fate than wisdom."
e.e. cummings


 "Anyone can catch your eye,
but it takes someone special to catch your heart."
Unknown



"You don't marry someone you can live with -
you marry the person who you cannot live without."
Unknown


"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you,
I could walk forever in my garden."
Claudia Ghandi


 "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."
Unknown


"What I need to live has been given to me by the earth.
Why I need to live has been given to me by you."
Unknown


"I've fallen in love many times...always with you."
Unknown


"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly."
Rose Franken


"Are we not like two volumes of one book?"
Marceline Desbordes-Valmomre


"Grow old with me! The best is yet to be."
Robert Browning 

"True love stories never have endings."
Richard Bach


2 comments:

Bug said...

Where is the "like" button?

Eigelmommy said...

I have always loved that quote by Richard Bach.