Tuesday, February 15, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 15

Day 15 - Put your ipod or shuffle on-first 10 songs that play

  1. Angel - Gavin Friday (Romeo + Juliet soundtrack)
  2. Black Horse and The Cherry Tree - Katherine McPhee
  3. All My Little Words - The Magnetic Fields
  4. Sewing and Archery - Rachel Portman (Emma Soundtrack [1996])
  5. Night and Day - Michael Ballam
  6. Dazz - Brick (10 Things I Hate About You Soundtrack)
  7. Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America
  8. Come Along - Titiyo
  9. Bring Him Home - Les Miserables
  10. Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead (Clueless Soundtrack)
These are all off my iPod ... which is a MUCH more limited selection than on my computer. (Confession: I have music in iTunes that I've yet to listen to. Oops!)

And, you know, this shuffle mix is pretty darn awesome.
I'm surprised that I didn't have any Glee tracks pop up in there, though.
(Honestly, "All My Little Words" is a VERY sweet song. And I think that I heard it first by a recommendation from John and Hank Green, back when they were Brotherhood 2.0 [They're VlogBrothers now.])

I like soundtracks, so it's fitting that six of these songs are from soundtracks (counting "Night and Day" which is from a collection that Michael Ballam made of the history of American Broadway Theater).

BUT, just because I can, I'll ALSO give you a selection from my iTunes. Since it's my blog and this is such an easy challenge.

Here goes:
  1. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (Magical Christmas) ... One of my Mom's favorite Classical movements. 
  2. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves ... Always makes me happy
  3. Extraordinary Machine - Fiona Apple  ... Not one of the songs I'm more familiar with. But it's Fiona Apple. Therefore, it's decent.
  4. Soak Up the Sun - Sheryl Crow ... This is a PERFECT song for cruising with the windows down on a summer day.
  5. Teo's Bag - Miles Davis ... I need to listen to this one. My Jazz education is sorely lacking. I know.
  6. It's Raining Like Magic - Raffi ... WHAT? I liked it in Ferngully. And I have children. I think it's good to have music they'll enjoy in my collection.
  7. Be True to Your School - The Beach Boys ... This is one from Michael's collection. I like the Beach Boys, but I'm not as familiar with this song as some of their others.
  8. The Beginning is the End is the Beginning - Smashing Pumpkins ... Because the Smashing Pumpkins are awesome. Yup.
  9. A Lovely Night - Cinderella (the Julie Andrews version) ... Because Julie Andrews is awesome. VERY awesome.
  10. Master and Slave - Cherry Poppin' Daddies ... Not one of my favorite/most listened to songs of theirs. But they are pretty amazing.
Actually, I'm kinda amazed that I knew almost all of those well enough to sing along. Sweet!

So, yes, there's another peek into my music collection. Hope you're not too scarred for life.

No comments: