Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 18 - List some plans, dreams, and goals that you have

Okay ... what are things that I want to do? Hmmm ....
(Besides having gotten this post out on the 18th. Oops.)

In no apparent order, here are some things off the top of my head:


  • Get the van cleaned, so that we can install the infant car seat and be ready for BabyGirl when she arrives. 
  • Get our room cleaned so that when the new Pack & Play arrives, we'll have a place to put her.
  • Get out and organize the infant girl clothes. So she'll have clothes to wear.
  • Breastfeed BabyGirl for at least two years (I got around there with Bruise and Bucket ... and I like how healthy and everything THEY are).
  • Make some freezer meals in preparation for when BabyGirl is born.
  • Have her on February 29th ... because it'd be pretty neat.
  • Stay out of the hospital except for when she's born. :P
  • Have a present for Bruise and Bucket prepared for when BabyGirl arrives.
  • Eat more vegetables.
  • And fruits.
  • Keep up with dishes and laundry.
  • Create a dinner calendar ... and come up with good (HEALTHY) ideas for the kids' lunchboxes.
  • Use my prenatal yoga DVD ... and find some way to get back in shape after BabyGirl is born.
  • Travel ...
  • Take the kids to Disneyland. And LegoLand. And the San Diego Zoo. And SeaWorld. And, while we're at it, why not Knott's Berry Farms?
  • Travel across the US.
  • Visit the Smithsonian.
  • Visit the Mütter Museum.
  • Travel to Scotland
  • And Britain
  • And Belgium (naturally. Right, Cynthia?)
  • And Germany ... since I took that foreign language.
  • And Japan
  • And Australia
  • And Botswana.
  • Learn to speak and read Japanese.
  • Learn Spanish.
  • See the Aurora Borealis. Or the Aurora Australis. 
  • Have a chinchilla for a pet.
  • Finish a NaNoWriMo.
  • Get my mojo back.
  • Get a haircut.
  • Get into a habit of daily scripture study and prayer.
  • Earn my Personal Progress medallion. And my honor bee. And that pretty ribbon bookmark.
  • Own a pair of diamond earrings.
  • Get a mother's ring.
  • Add some bling to my wedding band ... someday.
  • Finish fixing up the bathroom walls. Then tackle the kids' room, the hall, the kids' bathroom, the kitchen, and the laundry room.
  • Read and review that dratted Paul Revere book. (NO MOTIVATION.)
  • Get a pedicure before I go into the hospital to have BabyGirl. One of those gel ones that will last WEEKS.
  • Buy some more nursing tops.
  • Take more naps.
  • Make out more with Michael. (WHAT? It's a GOOD GOAL.)
  • Watch things that I've put on the Netflix queue while the kids are at school (I have a feeling that nursing BabyGirl will help with this goal).
  • Learn to use my MobyWrap before BabyGirl arrives. ... It'll be nice to have both hands available.
  • Buy a good diaper bag.
  • Get all packed up for the hospital.
  • Organize the medicine cabinet. And the cabinet above the fish tank. And the pantry cupboard. And the laundry room ...
  • Go through Bruise and Bucket's clothing. Weed out everything that doesn't fit anymore.
  • Find a dresser for BabyGirl's clothes. It has to be able to fit in our room ... *sigh*
  • Take a picture of my belly. For posterity. ... Actually, have Michael do this. My arms aren't long enough ... and the mirrors are too dirty to do it myself.
Okay ... that's a good amount of stuff. Without getting into REALLY STRESSFUL things ... like finding a bigger house or anything like that. (I hate moving. Seriously. It's dumb, I know. But I hate doing it.)

So ... yeah ... I'm kind of out of anything clever. And I still have to do the meme-post for today. And blog about life. And I'm TIRED.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I think you should make the trip to Belgium a priority (in a few years of course!)