Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 13 - A letter to someone who has hurt you recently

I don't know of anyone who's hurt me recently.
I try and surround myself with good people. And, usually I succeed.
(It's easy to find what you're looking for ... and I try and look for the good. It makes me happier.)

Oh, hey ... here we go:

Dear left kidney,

WITHER THE FRIES?!?
Seriously, what did I ever do to you?
Thanks for passing one stone.
But, seriously, being blocked TWICE in one week?
That's SERIOUSLY NOT NICE.
It hurt. Freaking bad.
And I spent Bruise and Bucket's sixth birthday in the hospital due to you.
NOT COOL.
Then, after being out the hospital for a matter of hours (okay, so like, about ten hours), I had to go BACK and stay for the pain meds since passing that one stone got you all swelled up again ... which caused the second blockage. You pansy.

But, hey, thanks for getting back to normal. Even if it took the better part of a week. And I got to learn the difference between Vicodin and Percocet. And, hey, since we were there TWICE, we got all the paperwork taken care of for registering for the hospital when BabyGirl is born.
And I got to see BabyGirl on the x-ray that we took of you. ... So that was kinda cool.

Awwwww ... I just can't stay mad at you. Yeah, I still love you.
But, please ... don't form any more stones. Or get blocked up again. Because that really, really hurts.
And I prefer not to be curled up on my bed, unable to find a comfortable position ... or vomiting. Because, apparently, pain can make you throw up. A lot.
Like, to the point of being dehydrated.
And that's not good at all.

So, hey, let's agree to get along. Because, if I'm in the hospital that long, I find myself watching "Toddlers and Tiaras." And ... well, let's just not go there.

Also ... being doped up? That makes grammar hard.

Let's be friends again.
     Allanna

No comments: