Monday, October 06, 2008

Another Meme from Cori

The Husband Meme:

1. What is his name? Michael. Duh ... I mean I talk about him just about all the time. ^_^

2. Who eats more? I think we both eat pretty equally. We can both pack it away. :D

3. Who said, "I love you" first? Um ... I did.

4. Who is taller? Michael. And I'm glad. I like to feel a little dainty.

5. Who is smarter? We disagree on this. I think he is, whereas he thinks that I am.

6. Who is more sensitive? Oh, definitely ME.

7. Who does the laundry? I do, since he's away at work a lot. But he'll help at a moment's notice.

8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Facing the bed? Me. Lying in bed? Him. ... So I'm not sure how to answer the question. (I'm on the phone-side of the bed.)

9. Who pays the bills? Both of us. It seems to work best if we're both on it.  He can see how much money we (do or don't) have ... and I make sure that things get sent off in time.

10. Who cooks more? Truly, I think that Michael does. I never know what to make. And he is a good cook with great ideas.

11. Who is more stubborn? Hard to tell. I think we're pretty evenly matched on that. We're both stubborn.

12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? He's not often wrong (Drat him!), so that'd be me. Just because I have more opportunity to do so.

13. Who has more siblings? He does. He HAS siblings. But if you count my step-siblings (which I don't, since they were all out of the house when their dad and my mom got married, so I never lived with them or anything), we'd be even.

14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? I'd say that we're pretty dang equal in the relationship. And I'm glad of our dynamic.

15. What do you like to do together? Watch shows/movies, read, quote movies, sex, watching Jeopardy, going to the theater, walks on the beach, laughing ... .

16. Who eats more sweets? I probably do.

17. Guilty Pleasures? Peanut M&Ms, me, comics, me, really good root beer, me, Star Wars, me, FARMS reading, and ... um ... me.

18. How did you meet? I know I've already covered this (thought it's been a few months) ... After making a "smashing" first impression, we were at a party for a mutual friend, playing a game of "What if" ... He had (unbeknownst to me) written the question that the birthday boy (my best friend's cousin) read aloud: "What if Allanna worked at Hooters?" to which I IMMEDIATELY quipped (couldn't help myself!!), *glances at my rack* "Well, I certainly wouldn't get fired!" Which shocked everyone there (except Terra, who's used to me). ... And, later, Terra was the one who formally introduced us (more than what we got at the party -- "Allanna, this is ----,-----,----, Michael, -----, ----, -----, and ----.).

19. Who asked whom out first? He asked me out shortly after our pre-date group date (where Terra invited him. I made sure to clear it with her first!).

20. Who kissed who first? He kissed me. Natural talented, that boy is. ^_^

21. Who proposed? Michael did. It was a complete surprise to me. (At work, while I was doing clean-up at the noisy mill -- and therefore had OODLES of time to think, I said a quick little prayer to Heavenly Father to help me know if this relationship would work out ... I loved Michael, but I didn't want to get too invested in something that wouldn't work out. As I pondered, I couldn't come up with a single reason why we shouldn't work out as a couple. ... Michael cornered me in my Mom's kitchen (he had come down to spend the weekend with me) and opened the box. My response: "Really??"
Yup. Let's see Jane Austen beat THAT!

22. His best features and qualities? He's cute. Looking back at pictures of us before we were married, he does have a certain resemblance to Hugh Laurie (and this was before I knew who Hugh Laurie was ... I didn't marry my Michael just because he looked a little like Dr. House, mind you.) I like how me makes me feel. He respects and loves me. He puts up with how moody/hormonal I can be. He makes me laugh. He knows me better than I know myself sometimes. He honors his priesthood. He gives me a good example. He's a wonderful father, husband and best friend.  He enjoys snarky humor (so we laugh together a LOT). He's very discerning. He keeps an eternal perspective. He can whip up a great dinner. He cleans the kitchen and vacuums thoroughly. ... And he's talented in many ways.


Just face it, I've got myself the bestest possible match for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww