Monday, August 30, 2010

Crazy Kiddos ...

My children are FUNNY.

Yesterday, in Sunbeams (the Sunday School class for the 3-4 year-olds), the lesson was "I am thankful for food and clothing." And each of my munchkins brought home a paper telling their favorites ...

Bruise's favorite foods:

  • peanuts
  • grapes
  • donuts
  • strawberries
  • pancakes
  • cream (whipped cream. Or sour cream)
  • butter
  • milk
Bucket's favorite foods:
  • carrots
  • strawberries
  • cucumbers
  • grapes
  • spaghetti
  • cereal with no milk and no yogurt (Bruise eats his cereal with yogurt. She, however usually lets hers get soggy in milk. So I often give it to her dry. Since I hate wasting food. And I'm MEAN. :P)
And then ... clothing ... "I like to wear:"

Bucket -- warm blankets, nightgowns for bedtime, warm dresses.
(Do you think she's cold? And really, she does wear CLOTHES around the house. I promise!! Not just blankets!)

Bruise -- Church ones and not church ones
(Seriously, I read that and doubled over snickering like a loon in the church hallway. ... I'm glad that he enjoys wearing clothes. He's such a nut. But a nut who loves to wear any clothes, I s'pose. :P)

On the way home, I asked the kiddos how, if they made a new friend that had never met us (Michael and me), how they'd describe us to their new friend.

Bucket said that I gave her cereal with no milk and no yogurt. And that I loved her and Bruise and Daddy. And that she loved me back.

Bruise, when asked the same question, answered, "No, thank you." ... Are you forseeing a future in politics? I kinda am ... Just saying.

Later that night, when we were reading Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (the chapter about the "Thought-You-Saiders"), and the children in the story "thought-you-said" that their friend had fallen into a toaster and burnt her head ...

Bucket: Fall into a TOASTER??? That's silly! You'd have to be FLAT!!!
Bruise: Or BREAD!!!

I love having clever kiddos. ... I mean, it's not fun ALL of the time ... since you have to TOTALLY be on your toes around them. And they listen and pick up more than you always give them credit for ...

But mostly it's fun. It keeps me laughing. 

Now ... we should ask Sister P (their Sunbeams teacher) what all she's learned about us from what Bruise and Bucket tell her.

(i'm scared)

No comments: