Monday, August 30, 2010

MYSTERY SOLVED!!!

Okay, so you know how I've been inwardly freaking out since I (at first, didn't know ... and then) couldn't remember which movie HAD the preview for "Date Night" ... where Bruise had learned the whole "KILL SHOT!!!" line from??

The Fantastic Mr. Fox.



Which is, by all means, a truly excellent movie. And all the OTHER previews on it are totally family appropriate.

Still ... PHEW! I'm so glad that the mystery is solved.

What? I totally allow my kids to watch strange movies ... like, for example:

  • The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • Corpse Bride
  • Coraline
  • Spiderman
  • Ironman
  • Any of the Harry Potter movies
  • Labyrinth
  • The Dark Crystal
  • The Princess Bride
  • Pirates of the Carribean
  • Clash of the Titans (the original one ... from the 80s ... With Prof McGonagall as a young woman. We're talking OLD SCHOOL here, folks.)
  • Johnny English
  • Shanghai Noon
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Star Wars (I-VI ... and The Clone Wars, OF COURSE)
  • Transformers (but not Transformers 2. That one wasn't so great. And they watched that with their grandfolks before we saw it. ... We had a date night and watched "Drag Me to Hell" ... which I honestly could have enjoyed more. ... It wasn't The Ring. Which the kids have not watched yet.)
  • The Mummy (with Rachel Weisz and Brendan Frasier.)
  • Bride and Prejudice
  • I did sit them in front of House of Flying Daggers (hey ... it's full of BRIGHT colors and action. So what if they were, like, six months? MOMMY NEEDED A SHOWER!) once. They weren't all that into it. (I didn't have Baby Einstein back then! DON'T JUDGE ME!)
Yes, we are pretty liberal with what we allow them to watch. Which is probably fine since we gave up "R"-rated movies forever ago. (And, yes, I do find it a sacrifice sometimes. And I DO really think about buying some edited ones -- Glory, Last of the Mohicans, ANYTHING Jackie Chan, Love Actually [I haven't seen that one. But EVERYONE tells me how amazing it is.] ... and I do miss some terribly. Like Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. *sigh* The things I do. :P)

Still, to wrap up ... mystery solved! ... Now, to celebrate, should I get the van painted? I mean, if I'm solving mysteries, it should TOTALLY look like THIS:

Totally.

No comments: