Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random Crap (i.e., I've been tagged)

(Well, I couldn't come up with a better title. So ... there!)

I got tagged by my dear Dianne (go, go! Check out her new blog! It still has that new-blog smell to it!!), so here goes!

Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


Seven facts. That's a lot. At least it's more than six ... And I'm not feeling all that clever. I had a random thing in my head for what to write next time I got tagged by one of these ... but danged if I can't recall it!!

1 - I am weired out by the fact that I've noticed that my dentist is kinda cute. ... It's not like I'm blind or anything ... but even when I was with my first boyfriend (when I was all young and stupid. Michael says "naive," but he's just being kind. I was stupid. I'll openly admit it.), T and J would ask me what I thought of so-and-so (being a guy that was not my boyfriend) and I'd say "Oh, he seems nice."
"But how does he look? Don't you think he's handsome/hot/amazing/etc.?"
And I'd say, "He's an attractive young man," in a non-committal way. And it drove them crazy! (And, to think back on it, I can't blame them.)

2 - Speaking of my love life, I have had some of the strangest crushes. I mean it's not quite like Joshilyn Jackson, who openly admits to having her childhood crushes be Spock, Lurch, and the constellation Orion. ... But, really. I had SUCH a thing for the guy who played Jimmy Olsen on Lois and Clark. (Hey, when Superman's already got himself a girl, wouldn't it be better in that sad universe that is Allanna's delusional brain to be a good buddy-type girl AND have a cute photographer possible love interest?
Other strange crushes: Gambit (from the X-men cartoon. Lawsy me, that accent!! *swoon*), Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre (he's brooding and passionate! And from what I hear, he's not half so self-destructive as Heathcliff.), Prince Lir in the Last Unicorn (who cares if he can't sing so well in the cartoon? Fighting dragons? Writing poetry? All just to IMPRESS a girl? *sigh*) ...

I could go on, but with Bucket demanding to be in my lap and whining. In. My. EAR. So. I. Can't. Think? Not so easy to type. Or even think. But I believe that I made mention of that, didn't I?

Where were we? Only two down? *sigh* This could take a while, huh?

3 - I don't mind going to the doctor or the dentist. If medical insurance and co-pays didn't make me hyperventilate, I'd have no problems at all.
One of my friends, T, has a TERRIBLE time with the dentist's drill. Me? Meh. As long as I know that there's not going to be any chunks or tooth or filling shavings flying into my eye and that I have Novocaine, I'm fine. I just wish I could read or something, since it's a bit difficult to carry on a conversation.
(I still don't much enjoy my gyno appointments, though. Especially the cold speculum. Ugh.)

4 - I love pickles. As long as they're dill. Any other kind? Blech!
Even stranger is that we have a jar of sweet pickles in our fridge. No one eats them here.
I don't like relish either. Which is why I don't much care for most potato or egg salads. I finally have learned to enjoy mustard ... maybe after another 20 or so years, I can add relish to the list. But I'm not going to plan on it.

5 - I love quoting movies and books. But mostly movies, because more people have seen more movies than they have read books. There are some wonderful movie quotes out there. (Right now, my friend C and I close every email with a quote from The Princess Bride. Before that, we've quoted from So I Married an Axe Murderer and While You Were Sleeping. [Any other movies that we've done?])

Some of my other favorite quotable movies:
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- well, really, just about ANYTHING from the Monty Python Boys
- Firefly and Serenity (Because Joss Whedon's amazing)
- Sliding Doors
- 13 Going on 30
- French Kiss
- Elf
- Mulan

All right ... how many more to go? Two?
Really?
Still?

6 - My role model in high school?
Eponine Thenardier.
Yeah, from Les Miserables ... I haven't read all of the book, but I'm very familiar with the musical.
That probably explains a lot.
Maybe too much.

7 - I've never played DnD. No, really! As far as I know, just about every single one of my friends has (or, at least, every guy that I've ever dated). And I, somehow, totally missed out. (Like with paintball. I was going to do it once, but it got canceled. So Sarah V and I went shopping. Where i was hit on in the parking lot. And I had no response. And Sarah thought that the guy knew me and that's why he was talking to me like that. And I couldn't talk because I had no response. And it's NOT because he was all that. He wasn't ugly or anything, but he wasn't my type ... whatever that type is. From my aforementioned crushes, I'd guess it would be fictional with accented speech a bonus. *headdesk*)
I do have a RPG guide for Sailor Moon ... but I bought that YEARS ago because it had so much trivia about the characters and an episode guide.
I never have played an RPG game that wasn't Final Fantasy (and, therefore, on a gaming system.) Gosh, I'm an antisocial old groat, aren't I?

Phew! You still with me? I haven't scared you off? At least not for too long?

And, as far as the people being tagged?
Well, if you've read me for any length of time, I'm sure you know how I feel about that. Tag yourself if you want to. (I know that Dianne's done it. If Cristall wants to do it, she'll email me directly since she likes to be a little private like that.)

I suppose I can mention people that I know read my blog pretty regularly. But no pressure!

My Cynthia, Kari, Jenny, Melissa ... I know that you usually read my ramblings. So, if you want to continue the Meme, I'd love to read your answers.

And, now I'm at a bit of a loss for anyone else who usually reads here. *shrug* So, like I said, if you want to do it, consider yourself tagged. If you don't want to do it, remember -- it's a suggestion, not a command and I'll love and adore you regardless of whether you choose to meme or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, do I respond with my 7 weird things in a comment or am I supposed to reply on my own blog???

...darn your everlasting word verification letters...