Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A funny story ...

Wow, this is my 200th post here. Can you believe it?

BUT, the story I wanted to remember to post:

Sunday, Michael was eating a bar cookie or a brownie or something.
Bucket climbed up on the couch next to him and said, "Bread! Break, okay, DAddy. Please?" Or something to that effect.

And Michael gave her a bite.

Her eyes widened and she sputtered through her mouthful of food, "CHOCOLATE!!!!"

That's my girl. That's my girl.

And ... I figure that I should mention that I am grateful for personal revelation.
After I had talked to the gal at the hospital, I prayed.
Twice.
The second time I listened a little more (always a good thing).
I had asked plaintively, "Heavenly Father? Will we ever get out of debt?"

And it felt like He had a half-amused tone ... like one that most people use with me.
"Yes."

I pause and look upwards, "Like in about 30 years?" I sighed.

"Yes."

Well, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Which is nice.
And, hey, in about thirty years ... well, that means that hopefully the kiddos won't have to support us in our old age, right? I'm sure that they'll appreciate that. ^_^

*sigh* I just wish it were sooner. Lots sooner. But, hey. At least I *get* to learn patience, right? (Bah. Stupid patience. Gah. :P)

No comments: