Sunday, August 31, 2008

Nabbed from Prissy

1. Do you like blue cheese? It's not terrible... But It's not what I go for first.
(I was put off Blue Cheese for YEARS thanks to my father telling me that "Blue cheese is made from old milk. For some reason, that just nauseated me to no end.)

2. Have you ever smoked? 1-It's totally against my religion. 2- My mother has asthma which is ESPECIALLY triggered by cigarette smoke. 3-My Pop-pop died from lung cancer. 4- I've always thought it is rather disgusting. Short answer: No. SO not for me. (I had a nightmare once where I was laying under a piano, smoking. And my mom caught me. And I felt TERRIBLE!!!! And so I've NEVER been at all tempted.)

3. Do you own a gun? No. Am I against it? Heck, no. If Michael ever had a job where he'd be gone during the night or for prolonged periods, I'm so getting one. And learning to confidently and competently shoot that sucker. (Also, I like the IDEA of a shotgun -- results in lots of pain, no so much fatality ... But, DANG, those suckers HURT me to fire. I cried.) (I totally recommend books my Massad Ayoob if you're wanting to learn about guns. He's totally made of awesome.)

4. What flavor Kool-Aid was your favorite? I like Fruit Punch, myself. Or Cherry. Or Strawberry. I was never a huge fan of Blue Raspberry, though.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not so much. I actually kinda LIKE going to the doctor's (not for gyno-appointments, though. Those are a necessary evil of being endowed with a uterus). But it's nice to be told, for the most part, that you're fine or how to get well.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? On the one hand: Pig's lips. On the other (more dominant) hand: YUM. I love the ones with cheese inside. Or the cheesy Polish dogs.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf or It's a Wonderful Life. OH!! How could I forget my ALL-TIME favorite?? A Charlie Brown Christmas. Hands down!!

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water. I'm kinda boring. And cheap.

9. Can you do push ups? Yes. But I don't on principle.

10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding set, the jade pendant from Grammy, the blue topaz ring from Grandma Darlene (or her wedding band which I occassoinally wear on my thumb), and the tanzenite ring from my Nana. All, really, because of their sentimental value to me.

11. Favorite hobby? Reading, blogging, and hanging with my dear people.

12. Do you have ADD? Perhaps ... but not enough to be diagnosed. I just sometimes have a short attention span. Usually when I'm really tired or stressed.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? No. However, sometimes I wonder if I have astigmatism.

14. Middle name? Um, it's kinda obvious. Lee. Only the coolest middle name ever. ^_^ Ask my friend, Pie (her nickname).

15. Thoughts at this exact moment. Why the bedevilment does my pinkie hurt so much?

16. Name three drinks you regularly drink. Water. ... Water ... and Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade.

17. Current worry? Heh. Money. And if I can lose 20 pounds before my high school ten-year reunion. Or if maybe the popular girls chubbed out, too ... so I'll look good even in comparison with them. (Yes, I AM just that vain. Deal with it. You know you love me.)

18. Current hate right now? That Politics is such a screwy practice. Why can't we be upfront without having to SPIN EVERYTHING?!?

19. Favorite place to be? With people I love, be it friends or family.

20. How did you bring in the New Year? I think we went to bed early.

21. Where would you like to go? I'd love to go globe-trotting ... Scotland, England, Germany, Egypt, India, Antarctica, Russia ... and to Disneyland with the kidlets.

22. Name three people who will complete this. Um, I don't really care. Whoever WANTS to do it, I guess.

23. Do you own slippers? Yes, but I usually don't use them often, since they're buried in the closet with all my other shoes.

24. What shirt are you wearing? My new black V-neck T-shirt. Comfy and cute in its plainness.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I wouldn't know. If anyone wants to donate to the Satin Sheets for Allanna fund, I wouldn't say no. ^_^

26. Can you whistle? I can whistle ... but not whistle melodies.

27. Favorite color? I like too many. Teal is a safe bet.

28. Would you be a pirate? I don't know if I'm totally hardcore like history's female pirates were. But it's fun to speak like a buccaneer. Arrrrrgh, me hearties! Avast ye!!

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Depends what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes Broadway musicals, sometimes songs from the radio.

30. Favorite girl’s name? I'm still working that out. I met a girl named Jerrica, which was cool. If you have to ask why, you've lost all your "Child of the 80s cred.)

31. Favorite boy’s name? I have a few.
32. What is in your pockets right now? Nothing. Even though my skirt has pockets.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? Probably something that Michael said. Can't recall off the top of my head. I'm a little tired.
34. What vehicle do you drive? Honda Odyssey. It's alright.

35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Either a hairline fracture in my arm or the reason I have a scar on my forehead. Or the reason for the scar on my collarbone.

36. Do you love where you live? It's a good town and a GREAT ward (church congregation). I'm not IN LOVE with my house, but it's a good place.

37. How many televisions do you have in your house? 2. Both were (greatly appreciated) gifts.

1 comment:

Kari said...

This was fun to read. Thanks for doing it! I learn something new about you on each one of these things.