Saturday, November 07, 2009

Gratitude Challenge - Day 7

Assignment: Take a picture of one thing, person, place, or specific moment that makes you feel grateful. Share it with your social network.



I'm grateful to have a family where being silly is encouraged, where creativity is appreciated.

I'm grateful that Michael and I have grandparents that are still living. And that these remaining grandparents put the "great" in great-grandparents.

I am glad that my children are blessed to have relationships with their grandparents and great-grandparents, to know that they are loved by so many people.

(I only knew one set of my great-grandparents. And, as I mentioned before, my great-grandma Milton died when I was pretty little. Great-grandpa Milton died when I was in sixth grade, so I have a few more memories of him. ... I'm glad that my children have the opportunity to meet and hang out with their greats.)
(I also have refused to think about moving too far away from our parents because I want Bruise and Bucket to be able to have the close relationships, like I relished having, with my grandparents. I'm so glad that they love to see their Grandma and Grandpa, Mutti and Poppi, and Grandpa Dan and Grandma L ... and that my folks will call up and ask when is the next time we're planning on coming down for a visit.)

I'm grateful that my Nana is still around to see her great-grandchildren. I'm glad that Bruise gets to spend time with one of his namesakes (Michael's grandfather). I'm glad that, with the exception of three (my Pop-pop and Grandma Darlene and Michael's Grandpa I), the kids have been able to meet the majority of their biological great-grandparents. I'm so glad that they've been blessed with this gift.

(By the by, I need to be better at taking Bruise and Bucket to see their in-state great-grandparents more often.)

No comments: