Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gratitude Challenge - Day 12

Assignment: Today, make the effort to live life with a positive outlook. Restrain from criticizing the people around you. Dare to see the glass half full. Listen more than you speak. Give freely of yourself. Practice kindness at every opportunity.

I think that I actually managed this rather well. My computer died. I was grateful that the pictures of Bruise and Bucket are on the external hard drive. So, they're safe. PHEW.

I was grateful that on our walk to the library today that we (1) made it on time and (2) didn't get rained on and (3) that we made it at all (you never know when you're taking the kids on a walk that long without a stroller. They did really well. Not that it's ALL that far away ... but still!)

I was grateful that I got to check out books. That I got to watch the episodes of NCIS (Season One) that I wanted to see (HELLO!! Have you seen some of the guest stars?? Adam Baldwin!! TJ Thayne!!! ... and there are others, but those were the BIG ones that I got excited about. And it's really weird to see the guy who plays Jubal Early playing someone ... not Jubal Early.)

That the kids were interested enough in watching "Hello, Dolly".

That when I accidentally overheated my homemade chicken soup (with STAR-SHAPED NOODLES -- HOW CUTE IS THAT?!?), I remembered (since I couldn't look it up online easily -- the Palm TX isn't really made for web-browsing *sad*) that I could temper the ... CHIPOTLE-like flavor with lemon juice. There's still a ... smokey flavor to it. But Michael and J (my bro-in-law who came over to see if he could help fix the computer) both said it was good. (Even after i accused them of lying -- see how well I can take a compliment? Yeah, you only wish you were as smooth as I am. :P)

I was grateful that the kiddos like playing with me (and I worked at finding it as wonderous as it is ... instead of a little cloying, like I usually do).

I LOVED how Scott, the children's librarian joked around with Bruise. And how Bucket has bloomed into being an active participant in storytime and giving him a high five afterwards.

I feel a lot calmer ... it's good. ... "I am a lone reed." or "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." It's almost Zen-like ... it's kinda cool.

Now, it'll be good when I really start eating again. I haven't been doing a whole lot of that (at least not healthily) lately. Today was better. I finally ate lunch. And I was grateful for the leftover burger from Tuesday night's dinner and the last of that addictive salsa from the Tupperware party. ... Maybe I'm really going to have to buy a salsa maker. And then I'll have to also buy tomatoes and some peppers and fresh cilantro ... Seriously, it was SO good. I'm starting to drool just THINKING about it. *sigh* Good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful with that whole, "leaf on the wind" business... that's how the last guy wound up with a Reaver harpoon to the ticker.