Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Gratitude Challenge - Day 3

Assignment: Write about something you feel grateful for in your life today.

Right now I'm VERY thankful that after my day yesterday (of writing big piles of crappity-crap-crap piles of poo in my NaNoWriMo project), I not only completed my writing goal for today ... but I feel that I did a MUCH better job. Phew! The third day's a charm! ... and leaves me 1/10 of the way to my goal.

I also am thankful that Bucket comes over to me and throws her arms wide and tells me, "Mom, I love you thi-i-i-i-i-i-i-is much!!" and that Bruise will come and climb into my lap and curl up and cuddle with me. ... I try and be especially thankful for these things because I know that the day will come when Bruise is too big to fit in my lap, let alone wants to cuddle with his MOTHER, ew! Or Bucket will be thinking that I'm trying to ruin her LIFE and how annoying and out-of-touch I am. And I'll only have the memories of the halcyon days when my children WANTED to be with me. *sigh*

1 comment:

Bonnie-Jean said...

I was just thinking this morning how grateful I am to have a little boy who thinks I'm his world. He brings me so much joy, I'm so happy he came to be part of my life.