Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Gratitude Challenge - Day 4

Assignment: Write a short message of thanks for some of the "negative" things in your life

I can say that having sore muscles and physical discomforts -- It means that I'm alive.

I appreciate being miserable at times, so that I can be aware of how good joyfulness feels.

Being hungry makes being full feel that much more satisfying.

Being less-than-affluent has helped me to realize that money can't buy everything ... and that if a problem can be fixed with just money, it really isn't all that big of a problem in the first place.

(Am I even doing this correctly? And, if I'm not, does it really matter as long as I'm TRYING?)

I can say that having days of writing CRAP in NaNoWriMo definitely helps me to appreciate the days when the writing comes more easily ... the moments when I write dialog that flows and moves the plot along.

Coming from a family in which divorce is common makes me appreciate my marriage more than I might if my parents were still married (and making each other miserable, perhaps).

Having had an awkward period in my social life makes me appreciate my true friends ... and I can never appreciate them enough.

No comments: