Friday, December 05, 2008

Nabbed from John Green's website ... It's a meme ...

Since I don't have anything AMAZINGLY wonderful to post (Sorry, still waking up), I'm going for the survey. And if you click on this post's title, you can read John's hilarious answers. (I think his answer to #21 is my personal fave. #7 is great, too.  Nerfighters, ftw!!)

1. What's your name?
Allanna ... and has been since the day I was born. Would have been for longer, except the doctors were SURE I was a boy.

2. What is your favorite thing to wear?
I would LOVE to go through life in adorable sundresses with sleeves ... but I usually settle for jeans, a couple of T-shirts (layering=good) and socks with running shoes or Birks (beacuse here in Oregon, you can do that. The Oregon thing that I don't usually do -- shorts with a parka. Mostly because I wear capris. And I can wear jeans year round, most years. So ... don't look at my legs when direct sunlight hits. You'll regret that until the snow-blindness wears off.)

3. Last thing you ate?
Um ... I had Spanish rice with chicken cooked in a tomatillo salsa. It was yummy. May also have some for breakfast.

4. One place you will NEVER eat at?
I don't know. Probably Hell's Kitchen, since I would find hearing the staff being yelled at VAIR distracting. Especially for how much it'd cost to get in there.

5. I say Shotgun, you say:
"Okay, whatever. I've got a good book that I need to finish. And one, just in case I do finish it in transit."

6. Last person you hugged?
Bruise. He was snuggling on my lap.

7. Does anyone you know wanna date you?
I would certainly hope that Michael does. 
When he's not picking apart my botched pop-culture references, that is. :P
(I obviously do not know the difference b/t Exorcist and Poltergeist ... and my sports references leave much to be desired. But y'all still love me, right??)
There may be other people ... but that'd all kinda of messed up. Seeing as how I'm a happily married lady with babies and all.

8. Would you date anyone you met online?
Back in the day ... I might. After I'd met them in public about eleventy times. I'm kind of neurotic. And against being killed by a psycho ... stuf like that.

9. Name something you like physically about yourself:
I love that I don't pluck my eyebrows to remove unibrow.
I pluck for shaping the underbits of my brows.

10. The last place you went out to dinner to?
I think it was going through the drive-thru at McDonald's.

11. Who is your best friend?
My Michael. But I have other wonderful friends.

12. What time of the day is it?
8:31 A.M.

13. Who/What made you angry today?
I would say more annoyed, per se ... but my children. Because my house is all messy and they hit each other. 

14. Baseball or Football?
Neither, really. ... I'm not all that into sports. But we did have a great time taking the kids to a baseball game last summer. 

15. Ever gone skinny dipping?
Yes. Alone.

16. Favorite type of Food?
I really do love me some mashed potatoes. I could take a pot of mashed potatoes and curl up in a corner and be insanely happy.

17. Favorite holiday:
I really do love me some Christmas -- says the girl who cried while telling her babies about Jesus last night. Because, oh, I really do love Jesus. Because He is SO awesome and selfless and wonderful. And I'm so glad that my babies love Jesus, too.

18. Do you download music:
(said a la one of the guards in Labyrinth) Um .... yeeeees?

19. Do you care if your socks are dirty?
Yeah ... but they're always looking dirty on the bottom.
So ... I care, but not all that much.

20. Opinion of Chinese symbol tattoos?
I really don't have much of an opinion of them.
But I do think that you should get a trusted opinion of the translation thereof BEFORE you get one done.

21. Would you date the person who posted this?
Since John Green and I are both happily married (to other people), I'd say no. Not that he isn't a wonderful guy.
But it would not be right not proper. But I will happily hero-worship from afar. ^_^

22. Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally?
Do you count when I fell asleep on Michael's lap as he was driving us back to our college town ... and when I woke up, he was singing?
(Shut up, I do count that.)

23. Do you love anyone?
Yes'm!! VERY much!

24. Are colored contact lenses sexy?
Uh ... I guess. I don't know. I've never been attracted to anyone due to colored contacts.
Every so often I think of trying some on ... mostly for costuming purposes.

25. Have you ever bungee jumped?
No. Because (1) it's expensive and (2) I have this fear that I'll pee myself while doing it.

26. Have you ever gone white-water rafting?
No.

27. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you?
Only if you count a slightly-creepy uncle (by marriage) who was inebriated.
Yeah, that's all levels of weird.

28. How many pets do you have?
Two cats. Four pets total, if you count the kids.

29. Have you met a real redneck?
I think my stepdad would qualify. And I have family that would fit the bill in a few ways. 

30. How is the weather right now?
Chill, but clear.

31. What are you listening to right now?
The kidlets watching Wall-E and my sporadic typing.

32. What is your current favorite song?
At this exact moment, "Peace on Earth/Little Drumer Boy" by David Bowie and Bing Crosby ... and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" performed by Tori Amos.

33. What was the last movie you watched?
Right now, Michael and I are in between episodes of Season One of Psych ... and I also watched The Children's Hour, which is not a happy movie.

34. Do you wear contacts?
I never have.

35. Where was the last place you went besides your house?
My friend Dianne's ... where she fully spoiled me as I went over to see her new die-cut machine and borrow Biblical-type garb for the Creche tomorrow.

36. What are you afraid of?
Spiders. Having no money. Being alone (as in Michael dying and leaving me by myself. I don't want that.)
I also get weirded out when guys hit on me. Possibly due to question #27. ... In one way it's flattering. In another it's totally messed up.

37. How many piercings have you had?
My ears have been pierced twice. I'm (STILL, for around eight years) letting the second holes grow back.

38. What piercings do you want?
I have all that I want.

39. What's one thing you've learned this year?
If you're to a point where all your problems can be solved by (if) you have the money to throw at them ... they're not that big of problems, are they?

40. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
I've never ordered anything at Starbucks. I've only really been in one. And that was to ask for a job application. I didn't get the job. Probably because I've never made a cup of coffee. I don't think I've ever POURED a cup of coffee.
(But I have had a few sips in my life. Because I'm a terrible person who is going to Hell. ((Joking!!)) But I like coffee candy ... and coffee-flavored ice cream!)

41. What Magazines are you reading?
I enjoy mental_floss, Glamour, Sunset ... and my guilty pleasure is Cosmo.

42. Have you ever fired a gun:
Yes. More than one. I rather liked the rifle ... the shotgun freakin' HURT!!

43. Are you missing someone?
Yes, I miss many people. Nostalgia hits me hard. I'm not always great about dealing with change.

44. Favorite TV show?
House, Bones, Fringe, JEOPARDY! (And on DVD -- FIREFLY ftw.)

45. Do you have an obession with WoW?
No. I really don't. I do like Final Fantasy, though.

46. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celeb?
I used to get asked if I was Mayim Bialik -- from Blossom, back in the 90s?
It's the nose, really.

47. What celeb do you look like?
I don't really know. I mostly just look like ME ... like people won't see me for years (and I'll have changed hairstyles and all) and then they'll see me and be all, "Allanna!! You look JUST THE SAME!!"
Maybe you guys can tell me who I look like.

48. Who would you like to see right now?
My Pop-pop. Because I really miss him. And my Grandma Darlene. Because I miss her, too. But, somehow, i've dealt with her death much better. Why is this? I love her just as much.

But John the Beloved would be pretty awesome, too. 

49. Favorite movie of all time?
The Last Unicorn. Or maybe Labyrinth. ... There are others, but those two are about tied for first.

50. Do you find yourself loved?
Yes, very much so.

51. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren't suppose to?
*shifty eyes* Yeeeeah ... But, like, who HASN'T?!?

52. Favorite smell?
Books, Michael, my kids when they're freshly washed from the shower, Ginger-cat's fur (yes, I'm sick in the head. Deal with it), lots of food smells ... nutmeg ...

53. Butter, plain, or salted popcorn?
Butter and salt, please. I can't go being all HEALTHY or anything!!
But I'll also go for kettlecorn!!

54. What's something that really bugs you?
How much consumerism is present at Christmas.
And people who don't like Christmas. You don't have to BELIEVE in JESUS ... but allow us the right to believe as we choose. It's not like we're doing this JUST to offend you. (I'd like to celebrate Hannukah and those other holidays, too! Other cultures are fun!)

55. Do you like Michael Jackson?
I liked him back when he still looked like himself ... He's so ... different now. Why can't we go back to before his nose fell off and he became rather odd??

56. Taco Bell or Burger King?
Taco Bell. Mostly because Mom and I always claimed it was our favorite restaurant (because we could always afford it. :P) ... and I really do NOT like BK's fries.

57. What's your favorite perfume?
I'm still looking for one. I really enjoy Bath and Body Work's Rice Flower and Shea ... because not everyone wears it, it's a scent that Michael actually likes, and it's soft and pretty. And because not everyone wears it, it's nearly impossible to find. :(

58. Favorite baseball team?
No real idea.

59. Ever call a 1-900 phone number?
No. Nor do I want to.

60. What's the longest time you've gone without sleep?
Maybe 30 hours?

61. Last time you went bowling?
It's been a few years. Before the kidlets were born ... OH!! I remember ... it was during ... um ... 2004 or 2005. It was a Young Marrieds' activity for church. I wore a cute hat. (With EARS on it!)

62. Where is the weirdest place you have slept?
Curled up like a cat in the middle of some guy friends' living room in their apartment. I was wearing footie pajamas. It was college. I can't think of anywere that would be stranger.

63. Who was your last phone call?
Michael, as he was out buying groceries.

64. Last time you were at work?
That would have been at least two years ago, if you're talking paid employment. 
If you respect my career as a SAHM, I'm ALWAYS at work.

65. What's the closest orange object to you?
There's a sparkly orange Halloween pencil not two feet away from me at this given second.

And, yeah ... that's the end of the meme. It's only taken me about 30 MINUTES to do that, what with my children NEEDING my attention every five minutes or so. *sigh*
I love my kidlets. ^_^

No comments: