Tuesday, July 08, 2008

What's shakin', Bacon?

No, there's not really ANYTHING about bacon in this post. BUT I really have no clever titles to insert. So, yeah.

But, my mom's up visiting! Yay! The kidlets are having a grand old time.

Bucket went poo in the potty (Yeh, the header of this blog is correct, there is crap involved). She got a cupcake, like I promised. One with purple frosting. She was very happy. I just hope that we can make this a regular occurrence.
(And it's fitting that she went poo first. Bruise was the first to really go potty.)

Bruise's thumb ... is healing. Slowly. We rewrapped it Saturday. Since it's been wrapped for days and days (like, about a week), it's all white and a little pruney. I was a little worried ... but it doesn't smell like anything bad (just smells like the bandages). We need to wrap it again today. After another three days, he'll be able to just wear band-aids.

Besides that, I'm trying to get through books and books and books so that I don't get any overdue notices while I'm at camp. I'm doing pretty well so far. Yay! That and I'm trying to actually DO all the things that I'll need to get done for camp. Phew!

So, I need to run the dishwasher, fold some laundry, make some phone calls, hang out with my young friend A (who just got her permit yesterday! Woot!!) ... and get ahold of the building librarian so that the bookmarks that I've printed out for camp will be completely done.

That and with the incredible success of Bucket showing off her mad pooping skillz for her Mutti, I'm thinking that this week will be our "let's say bye-bye to diapers week."

Let's hope it works.

And, at the same time, it makes me a little sad. My babies don't ask to nurse anymore ... they'll be out of diapers pretty soon ... they're little PEOPLE, not baby-babies. But their conversations are lots better.

Like when I was talking to Bri on the phone yesterday (10 days until she's back and will give me a CUTE haircut!!!), and I was laughing so, SO hard. I declared that I was about to cry (because I was laughing so hard) and Bucket RUNS over and pats my arm and says, "It okay. It okay, Calm down, Mommy. 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... Better. Good. No cry, Mommy."

Really, is that NOT one of the cutest things in the entirety of the whole universe?

(I did assure her that I was okay. And thanked her for her concern. Amid giggles, of course.)

And Bruise, he's getting to be a bit of a talker now. Still doesn't always listen as well as I'd like (neither does Bucket, at times. Comes with the toddler territory, right?). He still mispronounces "truck." Really, I assure you that I do NOT teach my son to talk like he is starring in some 'R'-rated movie, if you know what I mean. And I think you do. :P

Okay, I've got to run and get a shower.

3 comments:

Childsplayx2 said...

Hey, we're potty training too! We've got lots of peeing in the toilet these past few days but no poop.

Cupcakes might do it, though. Hmmmm. I'll have to give it a try!

Kari said...

They are growing up, huh? Scary. I can't believe how time has flown since we were kid-less and sitting through many a boring ED class. Wow. Where does it go?

Anonymous said...

I loved, absolutely LOVED when Bucket did that on the phone... Her little voice is darn precious!