Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Overheards

Now, things that go on in our house .... never quite "normal."

Bucket still won't say her name. She talks pretty dang well for an anklebiter ... here's what she calls people:
"Boos" = herself or Bruise
"Daddy" = Michael
"Mommy/ Daddy-Mommy" = me ... that second one is when she's feeling silly.

HOWEVER, she uses the first-person personal pronoun really well!
"I read." "I deet" (Remember, our word for breastfeeding?) "I get door." (That one was yesterday. I was impressed. It's totally a full sentence!) "I got toes!"

Bruise is talking a little more. Which is great. Usually, it's still one word. My little troglodyte. Adorable. He's coming along.

Whereas, you'd expect that the one of us who reads and is a college graduate would say ... profound things.

Not so much.
Like last night after the kiddos were asleep. Michael and I were chilling on the couch watching an anime (and, in my case, reading a book).

Me: "After dinner and Cocoa-Roos, my mouth tastes like wet dog smell."
Michael: I'm ... happy for you?

Yeah. Brilliancy = me, huh?

Sign me up for that Nobel prize. Maybe the Pulitzer, too.

But, on the bright side, I'm getting through my library books! Yay!! And I'm even (*gasp!*) able to say, "You know, I'm just not into this book. I'm reading something else. This one ... maybe in a year or so. If ever."

AND my mental health number is doing WAY better. (Maybe my freakout had something to do with my painters coming in ... or else the painters came BECAUSE of the freakout ... hard to tell.)

Oh!! I must defrost bread dough for tonight!! Thanks for reminding me!!
(Now you're probably scratching your head and saying, "huh??" ... Just accept that you've helped me remember to prepare for dinner. Yay!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aurora calls us Efan (Ethan), Geean (Gideon), Aubreymay, Doddy, and Mommy. But if you ask her what her own name is, she says, "Me!"

Dianne K. Nelson said...

You qwack me up! I love the "Really Pretty" stuff....

I should just email you, but this seems easier...

I had fun w/you too! We'll do it again soon!