Sunday, October 28, 2007

Blog PIF

I stole this from Dianne (if, by "stole" you mean she told me to sign up on hers ... so it's not very good stealing at all. ... I'll never get my place in the eighth circle of Dante's Inferno. Crap.)

BUT, as I learned today, PIF means "Pay It Forward." And here's the main jist:

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

Now, since I'm not a Craft McCraftersons like many of my talented friends, when those lucky three commenters sign up, I'll get to wrack what little of my brain I have left to figure out a nice little prize.

(HINT: Suggestions are welcome. If you know something that I do well ... and you'd like me to do that something, I'm up for it. I have no pride ... well, very little ... left. It's not below me to be a performing monkey for my adoring fans. :P)

... Now I'm really trying to figure out things that I'm good at:
- self-disparaging humor
- reading
- ordering free magazines (You really should see the pile on the toilet in our room. It's amazing. A good foot-and-a-half or magazines and catalogs)
- small (SMALL) home repairs (e.g., something with a screwdriver or hammer. Maybe a drill)
- admiring other people's talents
- finding videos on YouTube (Today the kidlets watched puppies before church. And a monkey teasing two young tigers. I think it was really a gibbon, not a monkey ...)
- being a bit of a geek. Like how I was discussing viruses with my cousin yesterday ... since I'm excited that scientists have found a way to neutralize HIV in the body, not just in labs. ... And I haven't really studied anything, really, regarding rDNA since high school. And I really should, since I kinda miss that stuff.
- making my cousin laugh. It makes me happy.

Yeah, those are hard things to wrap up and send someone, huh?

Don't worry. I'll figure out something. I mean, hello! I'm so Net-Girl! I'll ask my bestest friend, Les Internettes, for an answer. :P

My goodness, I must be waaaaaaay in need of sleep. If I sound to you how I sound to me ... Maybe I'll just order that straitjacket in a size medium (my chesteses can be a little squashed. Maybe they'll shrink?).

(Great, now I'm talking about my boobs again. Shutting up!!!!!)

1 comment:

Dianne K. Nelson said...

It's just me! You found me! And I found you! And I consider myself to be a Browncoat as well...

I'd love to get to know you better! I was serious when I said we should make a play date.

Take Care!
Dianne