Saturday, June 28, 2008

Nabbed from "Prissy"

It's time for my ABCs!!

A = ADVOCATE FOR: Tolerance of people (if their behavior isn't hurting anyone, then that can be tolerated, too). I think that we can be far too hard on each other. Let's play nice, people.

B = BEST FEATURE: Um, I could say my eyes. I have pretty eyes. And my teeth are pretty straight. I have soft skin. And I like my hair. And I enjoy my nails when they're painted prettily. So, um, take your choice.

C = COULDN'T DO WITHOUT: My family. If I didn't have them, my mental health number would be much, MUCH higher.
And books. I HAVE to have my books. And the internet. And sugar. And water.

D = DREAMS AND DESIRES: To be completely out of debt. To try my hand raising bees. To travel. To have new furniture (or at least stuff that's not stained, okay?). To go on a mission with Michael (maybe a service mission). To get through my TBR (to-be-read) list of books (It's going to take a LONG time, that one. Since I'm constantly adding to it). To have a clean house ...

E = ESSENTIAL ITEM: A good book. And lip gloss.

F= FAVORITE PAST TIME: Reading, laughing with my children, hanging with Michael, watching movies

G = GOOD AT: Either making people laugh or totally weirding them out. Usually, it's the former. I also am good at talking to people (I prefer to talk to individuals, rather than groups). Griping (hey, I'm not proud of it!). Freaking out about the strangest things.

H = HAVE NEVER TRIED: SCUBA diving (but I WANT to), surfboard-surfing (I went bodysurfing once), going to a gym (I'm love to but, Hello!!, EXPENSIVE!), getting waxed (again, I'd like to ... I get sick of shaving. But it's expensive and painful).

I = IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS: Pay off the van (and get a new one -- why not?), school loan, house (how about a new one there, too?), and any other debt. Get some decent savings for the kids and ourselves. Take a vacation (or three. How about Disneyland, Hawai'i, and some time in Europe? Or Japan?). Get Michael the Corvette he's been longing for ... buy clothes and a pool. Sound good?

J = JUNKIE FOR: Fresh raspberries, chocolate, Nacho Cheese Doritos, Red vines, sour patch kids ...

K = KINDRED SPIRIT: BriBri ... and Michael's my complement.

L = LITTLE KNOWN FACT: I want to learn Gaelic. And Japanese. And Setswana.

M = MEMORABLE MOMENT: Seeing Bruise after he was born and KNOWING that we picked the right name.

N = NEVER AGAIN WILL I: Forget to put sunscreen on my children.
I love them, I should protect them. They shouldn't be at risk for melanoma.

O = OCCASIONAL INDULGENCE: Buying books.

P= PERSON I MOST ADMIRE: Probably Jesus. I mean, it's kinda cliche ... but, still. He's definitely made of awesome.

Q = QUOTE: "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I WILL end you." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, "Our Mrs. Reynolds," Firefly ... but in, like two seconds, it'll change.

R = REASON TO SMILE: When Bucket says, "I smell Mommy!" Then she smells me and declares, "Peeee-yoooo! *retches*" ... Hey it's pretty adorable.

S = SORRY ABOUT: Hurting people's feelings. Makes me aware of how much I suck.

T = TAG SOME FRIENDS: No. Just do it of you want to. I'm not gonna force anyone to do it. But if you DO choose to, let me know. I love reading people's answers.

U = UNINTERESTED IN: Listening to one. more. SECOND. of whining. I think it's naptiiiiiiiiiime!!!!!!!

V = VERY SCARED OF: Being in debt.

W = WORST HABIT: Worrying. And losing my patience (I really don't have that much. It gets lost a lot. I have a problem with that. I should go find it now).

X = X MARKS MY IDEAL VACATION SPOT: I think I've discussed this before. I also want to hit Williamsburg, Virginia; Disneyworld, Victoria, B.C. .... and lots of other places.

Y = YESTERYEAR DECADE OF CHOICE: There are too many. I mean the 40s were excellent for dancing. The 20s were so carefree (until the stock market crashed. Stupid guys trying to buy all the gold!) ... but the 80s? Best candies. What I wouldn't give for a package of Bonkers. I remember LOVING those.

Z = ZODIAC SIGN: Aries

Okay, so if you want to do it, go for it!

No comments: