Monday, June 02, 2008

Back to having sweet children

What just happened:

(I had told the kidlets that there wouldn't be any snacks until after their show's over. They've been snacking a lot.)

Bruise comes over to me and says, "Mommy. Cracker? Cracker, Mommy? Cracker?" in his sweet little lilt of a voice.

I look at him for a sec and ask, "What word am I looking for?"

"Pwees?"

I give him another even glance, then hold out my cheek. "Kiss?"

He give me a very sweet (and DRY, even!) peck on my cheek. And then scoots ahead of me as I get up and get him a couple animal crackers.

He takes two of them and hold out his other hand.

"Oh, you need some for Bucket?"

He nods.

I give him a couple for his sister. He shows me the first two in his hand and tells me, very point-of-factly and seriously, "Bruise." (Hey! he used to NEVER say his own name. This is PROGRESS, people!)

And he quickly thanks me and runs off to deliver snacks to Bucket and to sit on the couch and eat.

And he runs back just now to collect his toy car, show it to me, and run back to enjoy the further adventures of Buzz, Woody, and Jessie.

And Bucket? She's been even more liberal with hugs and kisses. Especially when she senses that I'm not the most thrilled. And she tells me that I'm a "happy lady mommy."

She's a very sweet girl. And so is her brother.

And it's a bonus that they like to be tickled and have play balls lobbed at them. They'll be a force to be reckoned with when they start playing dodgeball, I tell you what.
And Bucket? I think she's going to enjoy soccer. Especially since she'll yell out to me as she zooms by, "I be kickin' da BALL!!" (Yes, she does sometimes talk with the syntax of a Rastafarian. What? She's darling.)

Oh, and they like to help me unload the dishwasher. And watch me tidy up the bathroom. And they think that it's HILARIOUS when I vacuum. Good for them. ^_^

I'll post soon with all the links and such that I've been saving for you all. Be aware. But right now I'm enjoying my sweet babies.

No comments: