Monday, January 28, 2008

Still bummed ...

But here are a couple more links to read about one of my heroes.

ByCommonConsent

TimesandSeasons

Spiritually speaking, President Hinckley is a rock star. Totally.

I'm going to miss him and his witty little remarks.

I still giggle about how at the dedication for the Winter Quarters temple dedication, as President Hinckley and Sister Hinckley were putting mortar in around the dedication stone ... President Hinckley turns to his wife and said, "Come on, Mother. Put some mud in the hole."

He's such a down-to-earth guy. He's amazing.

I'm still bummed that we don't have him here anymore.
But I'm glad that he and Marjorie Pay are back together. Because he really missed her. You could tell.

More stories:

Salt Lake Tribune

Obituary from the New York Times


Deseret Morning News

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Allanna, it's nuts - radio DJs are talking about the prophet and what he meant to them, and these are local DJs that are totally jack mormons. I mean, one DJ of a country station even dedicated a song to President Hinckley - it was an old gospel rendition of How Great Thou Art. How cool is that???