Sunday, January 27, 2008

He's gone ...

President Hinckley is no longer our living prophet.

He passed away this evening.

He's been our prophet so long that it's hard to remember a time when he wasn't our prophet. I vaguely remember Howard W. Hunter and (VERY) vaguely remember Spencer W. Kimball ... mostly I remember singing "Latter-Day Prophets" and ending with his name, but that's really about it.

Gordon B. Hinckley is reunited with his dear Marjorie. Which is a good thing. A really good thing.

But I'm going to miss him. Lots.

If you need more information (like you're shocked and need to make sure that I'm not jerking you around ... OR you want to see all that he has accomplished in his 97 years), here are your links: the official church website and the Deseret News website.

I'm really bummed. First Maxwell, then Haight, and Faust ... Well, Henry B. Eyring had BETTER stick around for a while. Because I really heart him. And Holland and Monson, too.

There's not really a whole lot that I can add to that.

He was an adorable little old man. He was always chipper and cheerful and kind. He once quoted Dumbledore in a CES fireside. He loved the church, his family, and all humankind. He was an excellent example. And, dang ... he was remarkably spry for his age.



I'm really, really going to miss him.

No comments: