Sunday, January 06, 2008

It's SNOWING!!

Yes, a high point to any Oregon winter is the fact (when it occurs, which isn't all that often) when it snows.

I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas ... I do, however remember White Easters and even snow on my birthday (which, for the record, is in APRIL.) (Yes, SNOW. In APRIL. It happened).






Yeah, my kids are cute.

I can't believe in less than a week, they'll be turning two. It doesn't seem possible (Then again, with some of the tantrums bring thrown ... maybe it IS possible.)

The snow's not sticking. It's too wet outside. But it's frakkin' COLD out there. There are a few little patches where the snow is clustered enough to show up on the ground. I wonder if it'll be too icy for Michael to drive into work tomorrow. (Is it bad that I kinda hope that it is?)

Confession: If I ever want to watch something and I don't know what I want to watch, I can always watch episodes of Firefly. And then I can start to quote it incessantly. Really, the writers? Genius. I liked the witty banter in Gilmore Girls ... this surpasses that. ^_^ Mostly because each character has at least ten quotable lines in that one season and in Serenity.

Seriously, "Shiny. Let's be bad guys." Who wouldn't want to use that quote? And some of them would only work in the right context ... but I try and throw them in real-life situations ... just to spice up my life. ^_^

What's excellent is when Michael totally opens up opportunities for me.
The other day we were sitting across the living room from each other while I was showing my mom something on the internet. "And we shall call it 'This Land.'" I had quipped.

Michael: I say we call it YOUR GRAVE!

Me: *dryly* Curse you and your sudden but inevitable betrayal.

And then we snickered like snickering snickerers.

The snow's let up again.
Did I mention it's frakkin' COLD?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We got some snow here, too. It was great! And I was relieved that it didn't stick. In Idaho, it starts snowing sometime in mid-October and you don't see the ground again until late March!! It gets really old, really fast.