Friday, January 11, 2008

Meme meme meme (Yeah, all operatic-like and stuff)

SO, to take a break from the Ultimare and the fact that I. am. the. MOTHER. to TODDLERS. ("This is all so ... sudden."), Melissa at Fold My Laundry Please has tagged me for this meme.

Who do I tag? Um ... Bri, Jenny, and Dianne. That is, IF you want to do it. No pressure. And if I didn't tag you and you DO want to do it, what's stopping you? Just let me know that you're doing it and I'll read it!!

Hold on to your seats, boys and girls, because here we go!!

1. What is your occupation? I am a domestic goddess (with the French stresses on that, s'il vous plais) in training, wife, unpaid book critic and aspiring editor, also known as the meanest mom in sixteen counties.

2. What color are your socks right now? I have those little white sporty Adidas under-the-ankle socks from two Christmases ago.

3. What are you listening to right now? The kiddos and Michael chatting as they watch Clifford. I was about to have Michael listen to Landon Pigg's "Falling in Love in a Coffee Shop." Very nice.

4. What was the last thing you ate? We had ice cream before we went to bed. I took some vitamins this morning with some water. Make of that what you will.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Not well and not with ANY confidence. I've driven one with my Ty-bro on the back roads in my hometown. And once I drove between towns up here with Michael. I'm too uptight, I think.

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Opalescent. And Bri tells me that, yes, indeed, that IS a color. Barring that ... I think I'd be a pastel teal. Or maybe a light rose.

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? The voice mail of a car dealer. Last REAL, actual person? My mommy.

8. How old are you today? I'm ... *thinks. Runs some numbers in head* 26. I'll be 27 in April. Yes.

9. Favorite drink? Water. Root beer. Apple cider. Smoothies.

10. What is your favorite sport to watch? Competitive ballroom or Latin dancing, ice skating, gymnastics ... Yeah, I like the Olympics when I watch them.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? The fact that for a few years that I didn't really KNOW my natural hair color should clue you off. I was usually light, golden blonde. However, I did have a short stint with black hair (that was fun), one day with fire-engine red hair, a bit with strawberry-blonde, once it was Leeloo Dallas orange (supposed to be auburn), ash blonde ... I never really got the nerve to do anything really cool. Michael keeps urging me to go pink. Like Utena-pink.

12. Favorite reality TV show? "So You Think You Can Dance." I was rooting for Hok. The season before that, Benji. You gotta love those crazy Mormon boys. :P

13. What was the last movie you watched? My in-laws rented "Stardust" on Christmas Eve. I liked it immensely. The book's still better (even if it's lacking Rupert Everett.)

14. Favorite day of the year? Thanksgiving or Christmas, really. I love the food and family. Good stuff. And I love the baby Jesus, too.

15. What do you do to vent anger? Cry. Fume. Blog. Or I ignore it. I've been told on multiple occasions that I've an ulcer in the making.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? I played with Barbies and My Little Ponies a lot. I think I read even more, though. That explains a lot, huh?

17. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Both. I get to wear sweaters. Spring has the bonus of my birthday ... but you buy school supplies in the fall. BUT Spring has baby animals ... SO. TOUGH. TO. CHOOSE.

18. Hugs or kisses? Depends on who I'm receiving them from. I prefer hugs from my friends, kisses and hugs from family.

19. Cherries or blueberries? I really like cherries.

20. Do you want your friends to email you back? If they want to, I'd love to hear from them. I try to stay in touch with people.

21. Favorite dessert? Cheesecake. Any kind, really. Or a good cobbler. Or ice cream. Or anything chocolate. (As you can tell, I'm not all that picky. ^_^)

22. Who is least likely to respond? That's classified information. I'd hate to kill you.

23. Living arrangement? We live in a double-wide manufactured home. It's nice. It'd be cool if we had at least one more bedroom. And a bigger, fenced-in yard ... but it's good.

24. When was the last time you cried? Today. I got freaked out while replacing the van.

25. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes, more shoes, a box of the comics that Michael's collected, our luggage, and Michael's shoes.

26. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? Jenny. We met my freshman year of college.

27. What did you do last night? Took the munchkins out for ice cream, watched them blow out candles over said ice cream, put them to bath and bed, checked blogs, read a bit, fell asleep after praying SO DANG HARD that this Ultimare fiasco would be over for once and for all.

28. Favorite smells? Vanilla, nutmeg, Michael's deodorant (what?! It smells GOOD!), My kiddos' heads, B&BW Rice Flower and Shea, Tangerine-mango, violets, cedar, pine, fir, wood smoke, freshly-cut grass, the ocean, ...

29. What inspires you? What doesn't is more the question you should ask. But ... um ... Beauty (as in nature), empathy/selflessness/proactivity ...

30. What are you afraid of? Michael dying, money troubles, spiders, scorpions, most arachnids, corned beef hash, dying in a meteor accident, car accidents ...

31. Plain, cheese, or spicy burgers? A bacon double cheeseburger. With tomatoes and pickles. Good stuff, that.

32. Favorite breed of dog? I'm not so picky. If I get a dog, it's going to be based on personality. And, truly, mutts are more my price range. ^_^

33. How many years at your current job? Um ... About four (as a housewife) with a big promotion (to SAHM) two years ago.

34. Favorite day of the week? Any day when I get to spend time with Michael.

35. How many states have you lived in? Two: Oregon and Washington.

36. Celebrity crush? Oh, really ... If you've followed my blog, I've named quite a few. (And my celeb crushes are really who I'd give my eyeteeth to hang with) Rupert Everett, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, Rowan Atkinson, that Michel dude that I mentioned earlier this week, that other French guy -- I think he's also a Michel -- who directed The Science of Sleep, Eric D. Snider (who's actually mentioned me IN. HIS. BLOG. *squeee!!!!1!*) ... Yes, I am just that weird.

37. Ever driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? No. I've been on a motorcycle before ... but I was, like, seven.

38. Who’s your favorite NFL team? Um ... the one with the prettiest colors?

39. Do you have a house phone that is not cordless? Yes. It's not plugged in. But we have it in case of a power outage. This way I can call the power company even if my cell isn't charged. And yes, I AM that much of a freak that I have gone over JUST THAT scenario in my head on multiple occasions.

40. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather? 10 inches of snow. Then we can pretend that we're in a Laura Ingalls Wilder book. And make some snowmen. And make that pour-molasses-in-the-snow candy. And ice cream. And all those things that we don't get to do here in Oregon.
And 100-degree weather? Just makes me crazy with all the sweating. Gross.

There you go! Have at it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved that Stardust movie! I especially loved the indifference of the ghost brothers! I haven't read the book, though...