Monday, February 01, 2010

Begin the Crazies

So, as you all can surmise, we've past the peak of crazy and are now descending into the hilly, bits ... the mid-crazies, if you will.

Yes, I am feeling better. Praying and throwing myself into my calling (creating a forum, NOT procrastinating, and doing things that involve a lot of type-type-typing) have helped.

I also got past the "must eat everything in the house" phase. Which is, of course, peppered with bouts of "I'm hungry but don't know what I want to eat. WAH!"

Yes, my husband is a saint for putting up with me. I find it hard enough to live with me ... and I'm totally stuck with me.

But, yeah. Sunday morning I did well. Got a shower and everything. Even was able to look at pictures of my Gingi and not burst out in sobbing tears. (Not then ... but I did AFTER the day was through and I was telling Michael how I DIDN'T cry when looking at those pictures ... and started crying. FAIL.)

This weekend mostly consisted of sticking around the house and my being irritated with my kids.

Oh ... and that spring-horse that they got for their birthday ... yeah, not even a month ago?
It broke today. Yup. Fun.
No one was hurt.
Where the springs are connecting the horse to the metal frame? Those bits ... "bushings" ... are made of plastic. And one of them tore completely apart, so it won't hold the screw in place.

So I looked online and called places. One place (referred by the company website that MADE the horse) tells me that the company went bankrupt. ... This company that's supposed to have gone bankrupt? I was looking at their website's _2010_ toy catalog. Doesn't look bankrupt to me!

So I call THAT company's number. And I haven't heard back from them at all. *sigh* Stupid plastic part that sheared. *sigh*

And, since I'm ALL about health, I'll tell you what I did for dinner.

It involves potatoes, heavy cream, plain fat-free yogurt, a stick of butter, milk, a packet of ranch dressing mix, and bacon.
yup, mashed potatoes with bacon and ranch flavoring. Mmmmmmm.

So, yeah ... things are looking up a bit. Wish I could tell you that I suddenly came across, say $5000 and was sitting rather pretty.

But that'd be a total lie.

And I don't want to lie to you.

Kids didn't really take a nap today. But they're not acting as cranky and grumpy as usual when they've skipped a nap. So I haven't been yelling and getting as frustrated.

Probably helps that we read scriptures and prayed together this morning.
(That "probably" = most definitely. Not like it's been the BESTEST DAY EVAR ... but it hasn't sucked, either.)

Okay. Closing up. I feel boring. Sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not boring! Sometimes it just feels good to get things of your chest. And to know that there's someone listening.

As for Gingi, don't worry, it will happen from time to time. Booboo dies 3 years ago and I still cry sometimes when I see a picture of him. Don't worry, it's natural.

Big hugs from Belgium (I think you need it ^_^)