Sunday, February 26, 2012

Catching up ... Again

So, it's two days past my due date ... and I still have no baby.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!?!?!?!?!?????

And my stepdad is getting lonely and is antsy for my mom to come back home.

I HAVE been offered bacon if I make it to the 29th ... which, coincidentally is the date of the ONLY Kindergarten musical program my kids have this YEAR. *sigh*
So an AWESOME FRIEND (Robin! I love you!) has lent us her family's camcorder.

But, let's see what else I should fill you all in on ....

The kids didn't have school on Monday, since it was Presidents' Day. So we just hung around. They watched movies and played on the Wii after we did their homework. And I took a couple naps and read. It was a pretty relaxing day.

Michael got home early from his classes Monday and Tuesday. Which was nice.

Mom came up on Tuesday ... and she's been nice enough to stay up here, just in case.

The kids had their last dental-work visit on Wednesday. We picked them up from school and scurried over to the dental office. It was really nice that they both went back to have their work done ALL BY THEMSELVES. Mom and I were both there, in case they wanted a grown-up with them ... but, nope. They were total troopers.
Their dentist actually came into the waiting room to tell me how good and how brave both Bruise and Bucket are. Which is lovely to hear.

Thursday, Mom and I went to the doctor's. BabyGirl is VERTEX. FINALLY!
And my OB is sure that she had been vertex for at least a couple days. ... And she's STAYED vertex.
If the hospital hadn't been so crowded, she'd have gotten me in for a scheduled induction on my due date. But, well, there are all these other ladies going into labor ON THEIR OWN ... taking up what could be MY (or a bunch of other ladies who are waiting for induction) beds. Oh well.
So, we're on wait-and-see mode. Unless, of course, I have regular enough contractions ... or my water breaks.

And, I am having SOME contractions ... but they, well ... they don't really HURT. I can walk and talk through them.
Either they're not REAL contractions (they're a LOT easier than Pitocin-induced contractions) -OR- I'm either a mutant who can withstand lots of pain  ... or, more likely, my scale of pain/discomfort is totally skewed due to my kidney-stone episode last month.

I keep having strange dreams, though. In one, I killed a person with a Sharpie because he done my mom wrong. In another, I was killing a tarantula that crawled out of the wall at my Nana's old house. And the head was FULL of eggs. WITH EYEBALLS. Like each egg had a GIANT eyeball. Just the one each.
So strange.

In other news, My Bri's baby shower went really well. She got a ton of great stuff. Such cute clothes, too!
It was nice to make it ... even if it means that I'm STILL PREGNANT.

I've tried not to be TOO FRUSTRATED ... but, really, I was scheduled to be induced on the 17th. That would have been FINE ... but it just didn't work out at all. Even after I had been bumped from going into the hospital that morning to going in the late afternoon. *sigh*

And my feet look pretty horrible. My OB said, "I can't imagine how you fit your feet into your tiny shoes!" (I wear a size 8 ... so my shoes aren't THAT tiny. But in comparison to how swollen the tops are ... well, yeah, it is surprising.) She also said, "Oh! You're so deformed!!" But it was said with a great deal of sympathy ... I'm pretty sure. And, even if it wasn't, it was correct. My feet are SCARY.
DEFINITELY NOT SEXY AT ALL.

I've been so tired lately. And I eat like a horse. I'm ready to have this girl OUTTA my uterus. It's time for her to eat, drink, and everything else ON HER OWN.

I have a TENTATIVE appointment to PERHAPS come in to be induced on the 28th.
If nothing else, I have a doctor's appointment on the 29th.

Last she (my OB) checked, I'm 2 cm dilated and my cervix is HIGH (not effaced. DANG IT!!), but very soft and squishy (so it's cured ... just needs to get itself in FREAKING gear).

I need to repaint my toes.
I'd go get a pedicure, but I don't want to scare anyone with my sporting-edema-up-to-mid-calf legs and feet.

This much swelling, by the by? It doesn't feel nice. I can feel my skin stretching as I move my feet. Like, when I walk.
I have these fantastical ideas, which don't work, that MAYBE, if I were to poke a pin in my foot, a little geyser would fountain out and my foot would deflate and return to looking like a NORMAL foot.
But, since I cut myself shaving, I know that, no, they stay swollen and just leak blood. *sigh* Boo on that.

So, yeah ... I think that's most of what all is going on in my neck of the woods.
Some contractions, but nothing that I can't handle. I mean, I do end up feeling like I've been kicked in my lady bizness ... but I'm able to walk and talk though them.
And waiting. Lots of waiting. I'm sick of waiting. I want to be able to know that I can or cannot make appointments or whatever. Ugh. I hate being such a flibberty-gibbet dramalicious high-maintenence lolo.

And I really, really, really want my feet to go back to normal.
Is that REALLY too much to ask???

No comments: