Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Lazy-ish

I haven't loaded the dishwasher.
I haven't moved more than one load of laundry.
I didn't vacuum.

But I did get meals finalized for a couple in the ward who just had a baby.
A LOT of emails (mostly yesterday) were involved. But, hey, food! Food is good!

I've had heartburn for most of today. Fake Zantac isn't working as well as it used to.
I think I'm going to pick up some fake Prilosec tomorrow ... which I WAS going to do today ...
But, well, I didn't get showered or dressed until rather late. And the kids didn't want to go to the store.
So we didn't.

But they did half the week's homework. And watched shows and played on the Wii.
I took a bath (It's where I find myself most comfortable, for the most part) and laid down and read "The Fault in Our Stars." I cried a little. It was good.

I got to help a friend by printing a picture for her. It's nice to be useful.

I'm just so tired.

I suppose it has something to do with being nearly 38 weeks pregnant. And having children who have taken to waking up before 6:30 and wanting to come snuggle with me. Or having to wake up around 5 to pee. Or having strange dreams that make me stay awake for a bit in the middle of the night as I try to mull them over enough to quiet my brain.

Aaaaaaaaand I yelled at my son about how if HE wants to COMPLAIN about dinner (grilled cheese, per Bucket's request), he can start MAKING DINNER HIMSELF.
Yeah, my Native American name will be "Battles with Six-Year-Old." Or "Nags Incessantly."
Way to be the best and most loving mother. /sarcasm

But they're now happily eating their sandwiches and drinking milk. Then it'll be pajama time and brushing teeth time and scripture story time and prayer and story-story time ... and then I won't yell anymore. Since there won't be anyone to yell at. The fish don't misbehave. Freyja-cat is pretty well behaved. I just have to use THE TONE with her and she corrects her behavior posthaste.

I think that I'm going to lay down again once the kids are in bed. I'm just tired.
But, hey, at least I know what to do about the kids' Valentines ... like how many they'll need and all. So that's nice.

Okay ... I'm closing up. I don't have anything really exciting or witty to say. Sorry.

No comments: