Thursday, July 16, 2009

Due to popular request ...

Now you can't say that I don't listen to my dear and devoted readers. ^_^

THIS is the dress.


You'll realize that, of course, since this is posted for the world to see that I tried to get the most flattering pictures of myself in the dress.

And, to me, it's not a very flattering dress. Unless I suddenly wake up having lost (at least) ten pounds, all the untoned/stretched out belly skin, and about three cup sizes.

I'm just sayin'.

BUT it IS a very lovely color.

Even if, when I slouch, the jacket makes me look like I'm trying to (and succeeding in) a blatant attempt to mimic Quasimodo in all his hunch-backed glory.
(But, I'll quickly remind you, I'm a hunchback with GREAT hair and make-up.)

Also ... Michael and I both noticed that this is the first wedding in a couple years where I DIDN'T do the flowers. Mer's mom did them. And they were SO pretty.

And, thankfully, I did bring a back-up dress (as did Roxy and the other bridesmaid) to change into.
I must say that BREATHING is totally underrated. I REALLY like being able to breathe. And take normal-sized steps. And BEND OVER to, say, adjust a bridal train ... or PICK UP my children or something.

But it was a very lovely ceremony.

And I'm never buying from David's Bridal again. I'll be hitting up one of my wonderfully talented and crafty friends (of which I have MANY) to do it. And even after I PAY them, I'll have spent less than half what I spent up there.

(Of course, I should have, you know, actually worked out while I was sick with the plague [now, if I had had the flu and was tossing my cookies, that would have covered it all!] or something. Like have gotten breast reduction surgery and lipo or something. Oh well.)

The important thing is that Mer is MARRIED! Yay!
(And I FIT [BARELY] into my dress. ... And there were no wardrobe malfunctions. That would have SUCKED.)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

love that bottom left hand picture of the kiddos...so sweet

Kari said...

I think you looked pretty. :) And your kids are adorable.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a nice dress and the jacket looks really good with it. Also, is it me or does it show your "assets" very well. And the other bridesmaids too? Who needs a push up bra with a dress like this ^_^

Your kids look adorable in their outfit.

I'm glad you still had a great day after all the stressing ;)

Anonymous said...

:-) I love it! And the jacket looks so CUTE! Really!

Also, since when are the kiddos allowed to be that grown up, hmmmm???

Anonymous said...

Aw, cute pics! And you did a great job on everyone's hair!!

The dress color looked great on you, you little hoochie mama!!

Your little darlings looked adorable. ;)

Glad it's over and that you can relax. Looks like it all went great!