Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm on fyyyah!

But not literally ... because I cannot afford to be suffering from 3rd-degree burns right now.

I spent most of the day either entertaining Bubbles or cleaning the bathroom counters in our bathroom.
(I have a LOT of stuff on the counters. But it's now organized and the counters are clean.)

Mom didn't come up today, since she had to take my stepdad to the doctor's ... Had to change some medicine.

Got fast food for dinner (had birthday coupons for myself and bruise and Bucket to use). The employees were so great. We came in to order to-go, since Michael had a meeting shortly after he would get home from work. On the way in, Bubbles lost BOTH shoes (one outside) and, I had a drink holder AND a baby in my hands for the way out ... so one employee got BOTH of Bubbles' shoes ... and a volunteer there carried the bags of food out to the car. Isn't that so sweet?

But, yeah ... now to get everyone's clothes packed (and my makeup). Then maybe my brain will solidify again ... I wrote an email and instead of referring to an event on a date NEXT week, I wrote it as a date that had already passed. >.< Whoops!!

Okay ... So Mom is coming up tomorrow. I have volunteering, then packing and running out for some supplies (which I might save until Friday. Maybe.) ... But the house is clean(ish). Phew.

And my sinuses are a LOT clearer (even though I spaced taking my allergy medicine ... I'll do that when I go to bed, I think.) ... yay for Priesthood blessings!
(I'm not even going to TELL you how dark and huge what came out of my head after using a neti pot today. SO GROSS. Don't even think about it. Think about unicorns or pansies or the exact timbre and cadence of Alan Rickman's voice!)

So, I should do my reading, yes? (YES.)

Today's section is Mosiah 15:10 -15:31
  • Abinadi is still talking (hey, he knows it's his last chance with these folk).
  • He talks of the role of the Savior, the Atonement, repentance, the resurrection ... there's a lot there.
Yeah, I'm not going to sum up because I. AM. TIRED.

And now to read "Personal Peace: The Reward of Righteousness" by Elder Quentin L. Cook
  • The main idea is the role of Jesus Christ in helping us each obtain peace -- lasting, personal peace.
  • There are events in life that will take away our peace and make us feel vulnerable.
    Compare: The birth of the Savior vs. the slaughter of the innocents ordered by Herod.
  • Agency is central to the plan of happiness/the plan of salvation (what the Gospel is all about/why we NEED a savior)
  • Agency allows wonderful things (love, growth), but also allows terrible things (pain, suffering, ... anything that makes headlines in the news ...). Sometimes the bad things will be caused by things we don't understand (like natural events) or by other people's poor choices.
  • We are not going to have universal peace in this life
  • Good people everywhere have and will always strive for peace. Never give up ... once everyone receives God's truth and message, and acknowledges His power and authority, we will have peace.
  • We can have peace in our lives through our righteousness. It's promised in the atonement. We will have an abiding happiness and spiritual contentment.
  •  "Peace is not just safety or lack of war, violence, conflict, and contention. Peace comes from knowing that the Savior knows who we are and knows that we have faith in Him, love Him, and keep His commandments, even and especially amid life’s devastating trials and tragedies."
  • The source of peace is the Savior, the author and Prince of peace.
  • Th stay close to the Savior, we must humbles ourselves. Pray always. Repent of our since. Be baptized. Be true disciples. Be righteous.
    If we do these things, we will have peace of conscience ... which is essential for being content.
  • We can gain peace through church and through the temple.
  •  "Lift up your hearts in praise to God;
    Let your rejoicings never cease.
    Though tribulations rage abroad,
    Christ says, “In me ye shall have peace.” (Eliza R. Snow
  • So ... basically, if you want peace, start with yourself. And you need Jesus for it. Because, like the church signs/billboards say: "No Jesus = no peace. Know Jesus = know peace."
It really is just that simple ... so, yeah.

Okay, I need to close up and pay attention to Michael.

No comments: