Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

Today is a bullet point type of blogging day.
(And not just the Scripture part of it.)

Today, I:

  • got up
  • made the kids' lunches
  • had them clean off their tables (since Bubbles was asleep and they couldn't work on their room, which REALLY needed LOTS of work)
  • Got the kids off to school
  • Did dishes
  • Filled up a crapload of water bottles
  • Put Bubbles to nap
  • Cleaned out some cabinets (Rubbermaid food containers, glass cookware, other cookware, small appliances, pots and pans, glasses)
  • Grabbed a shower, got dressed, got Bubbles up and dressed, went Visiting Teaching
  • Fed Bubbles
  • Blew up the air mattress (to be sure that the patch job is holding)
  • Cleaned up the laundry room (took out bags of plastic bags, got laundry started again, vacuumed the floors, tidied up the counters, put the water bottles in that fridge
  • Put Bubbles back down for a nap
  • Cleaned out the fridges and the laundry room freezer
  • Cleaned the hall bathroom
  • Cleaned more cabinets (mugs, kids' stuff -- like arts and crafts things)
  • Kids got home
  • I let them go out to play while I ... did something ... I don't even know. Oh, I made dinner.
  • I helped them clean their room a little ... until I got frustrated with Bucket trying to outsmart us by hiding clean clothes (rather than PUT. THEM. AWAY.) ... which is only SLIGHTLY better than throwing clean clothes back into the laundry.
  • Cleaned out my purse and diaper bag.
  • Cleaned off memory cards for the cameras.
  • Made a list of what all to pack ... must remember to pack Bumbo seat. It'll make life easier.
  • Cleaned the fish tank
Tomorrow, my plan is to clean our bathroom ... the hardest part will be organizing the counters. Then Mom will be up. She and I will watch the Netflix DVD (Michael's on a No-Media Week challenge. I was honest from the start that I was NOT going to be able to do that. AT ALL.) ... then, um ... I don't know what'll happen then.

I'm fighting off a nasal-thing. I know that one side of my nose is all stuffed up and inflamed. But Michael gave me a blessing, so it'll all be good.

I'm just about caught up on dishes. And I'm caught up on laundry ... now to KEEP it that way, right?

Now to read my scriptures and the conference talk ... I know I should have done it earlier. But they only posted today's reading ... not very long ago. So, really, I'm not all that behind!

Mosiah 14:1-15:9
  • You should just read it. Abinadi testifies of the Savior. His appearance to the Nephites is foretold ... Seriously, just read it. It's not terribly long. And it's good.
  • I mean, really ... Abinadi just wants them to understand about Jesus.
Conference Talk - "For Peace at Home" - Richard G. Scott
  • "The ideal place for that peace is within the walls of our own homes, where we have done all we can to make the Lord Jesus Christ the centerpiece."
  • Regardless of our circumstances (married, single, if we have a worthy priesthood member in the home or not), we can center our homes and lives on Jesus Christ.
  • It's not just up to parents to determine the spirituality of the home; Children can help to assist in maintaining peace in the home and being a good example.
  • Obey the commandments.
  • Technology can be used as an enhancement to spiritual communication (e.g., reading your scriptures on your smartphone). Be wise in how you embrace technology. 
  • "When we obey the commandments of the Lord and serve His children unselfishly, the natural consequence is power from God—power to do more than we can do by ourselves. Our insights, our talents, our abilities are expanded because we receive strength and power from the Lord." 
  • "One of the greatest blessings we can offer to the world is the power of a Christ-centered home where the gospel is taught, covenants are kept, and love abounds."
  • "Recognize the good in others, not their stains. At times a stain needs appropriate attention to be cleansed, but always build on his or her virtues."
  • Don't try to accomplish everything at once. If we do our best, and turn to the Lord in prayer, He will guide us to do the most-needed things. 
  • There will still be trials ... but, a Christ-centered home will be a place of strength, peace, and refuge.
Okay ... I'm really, really tired. It was hard to type this all correctly. If there are any glaring errors, please bear with me, okay?

I don't have a lot to say about this talk. It's good ... don't get me wrong. But I don't have anything really to add.

Except that I liked the shout-out to good technology! Whoo!! ... Yeah. Wow, I'm tired.

Okay. Shutting up now.

No comments: