Sunday, November 20, 2011

Things I'm thankful for #15-20

Yes, I fall behind. Often. But that's what I do. :P

So, time to get caught up. Again. ^_^

15 - I am thankful for the fact that my OB and I can be friendly.
I honestly didn't care for her a whole ton the first time around.
But now? I like her very, very much.
She and I talk about shoes and joke about work. We discuss our pets and families.
And it's nice to have someone who isn't fazed by any questions I could ask.

16 - I am thankful that my children live close enough to their grandparents (all six of them!) and two of their great-grandmothers that they are able to build a relationship with them.
I loved living close to my dad's parents and to my mom's mom and stepdad (well, really, her mom. Her stepdad was a little ... intense, per se). I also loved going to my Nana's (Dad's mom's) folks house to visit.
And it makes me very, very happy to see Bruise and Bucket so excited to spend time with their grandparents.
(This is one reason why I can't ever really contemplate moving very far away ... or overseas. Though, with Skype and things, it wouldn't be AS horrible as it would have been even five years ago).

17 - I love my homestate. Oregon is beautiful.
I love that if we drive about an hour west, we're at the ocean. If we drive east? We can visit the desert.
We have an aquarium, a zoo, science museums ... And TREES. Lots and lots of trees.
We have cozy rainy days, warm enough weather for swimming in the summer, a chance of snow in the winter. We have SEASONS with changing leaves ... even though I've developed hay fever, living in the Willamette Valley ... Oregon makes me happy. (For the most part. We won't talk about our state government at this point in time. But, really, if they expect US to keep a budget, THEY'D better set an example. Just sayin'.)

18 - I'm grateful that I do NOT have gestational diabetes!
I called into the clinic on Friday ... and they were glad to report that my bloodwork is fine!
So, I celebrated by having a couple handfuls of peanut butter M&Ms. Yum!

19 - I'm grateful that my mom and stepdad had the opportunity to be sealed for time and all eternity in the temple this Friday. It was wonderful seeing my mother so happy. And it was excellent to be able to BE THERE with her, my stepdad, and Michael (who was able to be a witness).
The temple always makes me happy ... and I'm grateful for the blessings that I and my family have gained through our being worthy of temple recommends. I love knowing that, as long as we honor the covenants we have made, our families are forever families. It's very empowering to know that we can overcome death and the separation that it may entail. And it makes me KNOW that my Heavenly Father loves me (and all His children. No matter what).

20 - I'm grateful (again) for my husband. It's a lovely feeling to blear awake and finding yourself held by a man who loves you, despite all your (well, MY) myriad faults and idiosyncrasies. I am so grateful that he loves me so, even though I really don't deserve it.
It's nice that he enjoys slumming with me.
And that he humors my geekiness ... as we joke about backstories for my character in our production of Savior of the World. Heh. I'll share that one later.
Since the kids and I need to rush out to church NOW. ^_^

No comments: