Saturday, April 10, 2010

My kids are funny ...

[As we're driving to story time, listening to my iPod, Mr. Roboto comes on]

Bucket: Is this a Christmas song?

Me: (Wither the Fries? What??) NO! *tries not to laugh too hard*

Where does she get this stuff??

---------------

I may have mentioned (if not, I have forgotten to mention) that my kiddos LOVE books by Mo Willems. We're a Mo Willems-loving house.

So, as we drive places, the kids decide to make up their own Pigeon titles.
(The REAL titles are:
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
  • The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!
  • The Pigeon Wants a Puppy!
  • The Pigeon Loves Things that Go!
  • The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too!)
SOOOOoooooo, as I'm driving, I hear things like:
  • The Pigeon FINDS A HIPPO!
  • The Pigeon FINDS A BADGER-BADGER!
  • Don't Let the Pigeon Drive THE CAT!
  • Don't Let the Pigeon EAT A TACO!
  • The Pigeon FINDS A PRINCESS!
  • The Pigeon Wants A LADYBUG!
  • Don't Let the Pigeon TAKE A SHOWER!

And it goes on. And on ... And it can get REALLY crazy.

But, still ... my kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE any and all of the Willems books that we can get our hands on.

No comments: