Monday, January 18, 2010

*headdesk*

It's just been a little nuts around here.

Friday ... what DID we do Friday? I think we just cleaned house and laid around. Michael was still getting better from the cold that had kicked his butt Wednesday. Saturday, we went shopping for a birthday present for Bruise and Bucket's friend, H ... and to H's birthday party (Fun stuff).

I had a little cash, so I did buy a few things for myself. A copy of the Jan/Feb mental_floss magazine (since my subscription expired. D:), a journal for utilizing in my quest to develop a habit of scripture study, The Latke Who Wouldn't Stop Screaming (by Lemony Snicket, what more needs to be said? I love this book.) ... milk, a copy of Glamour ... I think that was really it.

Sunday was church. Michael's still both the Executive Secretary and 1st counselor in the EQ. So he's still having to do the meetings in the morning. I got us dressed and to church on time. The kids enjoyed playing with their paper dolls from thingsaltered.com. Bucket has a fairy pocket with Whisper and a couple sheets of her clothes. Bruise has (from my Dianne) the brown haired brother. And they played well with them, when they weren't fighting over (1) who got to sit in my lap and (2) who got to hold the little temple schedule booklet from 2008 (Unfortunately, i normally had the one from last year in my wallet. And I had taken it out. Guess I'll be grabbing it out of my bedroom to put into the church bag).

We started a new Sunday School class about Family History and Temple Work. Michael and I knew a bit of what out teacher was talking about, so he was filling things in from our old PAF file onto new.familysearch.org and downloading the new program that we're going to be using. The Church used to use Personal Ancestry File (PAF), but now they're using RootsMagic. You can download the basic version (RootsMagic Essentials) for free ... which fits our budget quite well. If you want the full version with all its bells and whistles, it's $29.99, so I hear.
Just so you know.

Oh, and the nice thing about RootsMagic is that it's fully compatible with everything that you've filled in at new.familysearch.com. And you can import your old PAF files into it. Which is nice and saves you some time.

After church, we watched the BBC version of The Silver Chair, since we had just finished it last night. (The book's better ... but I'm sure that you already knew that.) Then we started "The Last Battle." ... And, oh, just reading that first chapter ... Gosh, the world is really falling to crap, isn't it?

After the kids were put to bed ... and we had a discussion on proper nighttime behavior (lately, the kids will wake up in the middle of the night and try to crawl in bed with us in the wee small hours of the morning. Or coming to us and whining how they need to go potty) ... So I told them that, hey, if the sun is not up in the sky, they are NOT to get into bed with us/me. If they have to go potty in the middle of the night, they don't have to tell us. They also need to use THEIR bathroom, not ours. If the sun isn't up, they're not to cross our doorway. A little harse, but with how little sleep we get with them in bed ... especially if we've ... and we're not so covered ... ahem ... but you get my drift, I'm sure.

So ... then Michael and I watched "Earth Girls Are Easy," which was pretty cute. And young Jeff Goldblum? I'm not going to complain. I like him. *grins*

As we were watching it, we had the lights flicker due to the wind outside. And, well, what would you know ... this morning, my computer won't start. CRAP!! Crappitycrapcrapcrap!

Well, at least most of my stuff (besides my new booksmarks and the new roll sheets I had altered for YW) is backed up. *sigh* But STILL!!! I JUST got it running.

I cried a little.

And, since I had a sore throat last night (which still isn't ALL gone), I took some NyQuil. And I feel ... other ... this morning. I could sleep for another few hours. ... But I'd be feeling a bit better if my damn computer would freaking work! Grrrrr.

Looks like I'm going to have to rely on the kindness of my friends and family. Michael'll look at it when he gets home.

As you can tell from the previous post, I finished my latest book review. Not a bad book at all. However, the depressing thing is that over at Booksneeze (the new name for Thomas Nelson Book Bloggers), there's no books that I feel like reading. :( This is what happens when you procrastinate. If I had gotten it done even last week, I could have read a little Amish romance-thing. And it sounded good. *sigh* oh well. My loss.

So, yeah. It's not quite Allanna and the Awful, No-good, Very bad, Horrible Day (or whatever), but it's not the best day that I've ever had.

At least Michael's in the habit now of leaving his laptop, so I'm not cut off from everything. *sigh*
But, gosh, I just want MY computer! And, while I'm at it, I want all the files from my OLD HD, too! This way I'd have ALL my old bookmarks and everything that I've worked on during the last year. *headdesk**headdesk* *headdesk*

Time for prayer, scripture study, and trying not to let my dear children get on my nerves.
And let's do clean the bathrooms and get the kitchen into some semblance of order again. (It's about halfway there. Phew.)
And let's do finish folding the laundry and getting it put away. And perhaps I'll get off my duff and work up some endorphins by actually exercising. Not a bad plan.

But, really ... would it be so bad ... would it spoil some vast, eternal plan, if I were a wealthy [girl]?

No comments: