Friday, June 12, 2009

"That was rubbin'"

Props to you if you know which movie the title alludes to.
Hint: It's from 1990. And I didn't watch it until I was around14. Which was about halfway into the decade. I'm nothing if NOT anything near cutting edge. I grew up under a rock in some respects.

SO, what's been keeping me busy (and away from you beautiful people)?
  • My mom came to visit. Which was superfun.
  • Except for the part where we were leaving storytime Wednesday and a guy backed into the van. While we were in it. *sigh* (That's what inspired the "rubbin'" quote. "No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.") (That was your last hint.)
  • My sister-in-law, T2, is gettin' MARRIED tomorrow. We have family up visiting and working on stuff for the reception. My main duty, besides a little hosting? T2's flowers. I need to take pictures of them for you all, don't I?
  • And filing a claim and setting up a rental for getting the van fixed. From what we can tell, the damage is mostly cosmetic -- about a three-inch crack on the rear bumber and a swath of paint damage. Whee. At least no one was hurt.
But, yeah. The most exciting thing for the kids is TALKING about the "crash" (Totally just a fender-bender) and how the car is HURT and there was a big bump.

It really wasn't my fault. At the point of impact, I had stopped and was honking my horn repeatedly to alert the other guy to STOP and NOT HIT US, you know? (I , after giving my testimony of the incident, asked my adjustor if there were anything that I could have done differently to avoid the accident. She told me that, no, I had done everything right. Which is a VERY validating thing to hear.)

Funny thing about it: He and I had gotten out of our cars to exchange info and assess damage. He was SO visibly upset that I asked him if he needed a hug. He did.

Send us prayers and god mojo that the insurance companies will agree that I wasn't at fault ... and Michael and I will get our deductible refunded. We could use those funds. ^_^

Well, family is back! Gotta go feed them!!
Ciao, y'all!

4 comments:

Tubbs Family said...

In the Frozen North we constantly slide and bumped into things. Travis hit an electric pole sideways in our old car. He backed into a truck (blame was placed on the ice driveway and a screaming baby, which we still have a not fixed!) and I couldn't stop one and slide into the back of a beater car (no damamge that wasn't already there), and have ended up in a ditch more than once. By the time we left ND I could probably roll the vehicle and not be phased. I'm glad everyone is okay and that its promptly getting fixed. Good luck with the fam!!

THE YOUNG-INS said...

what was the movie or did I miss it? And did you really ask the man if he needed a hug? That is so you and way out of my comfort zone. Good for you!

Allanna said...

Nay, that does help me feel a little better ... not that I EVER hope to get to the point where I could be used to car accidents. ^_^

Dawn, yes, I did ask him. I remember how upset I was when another lady and I backed up into each other. I knew that I SURE needed a hug right then. I so totally called it.

Okay, one more hint for you, Dawn, since I didn't name the movie in there -- It's the movie where Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman fell in love during the filming (and he ended up leaving his at-the-time wife for her).

Tubbs Family said...

Totally saw a license plate that said "RUBBIN" on it and thought of your post! Ha Ha!