Thursday, May 17, 2007

Let's make a tally

Days Bucket's been a puke-bucket: 5.25
(She had thrown up in bed [again] bust hasn't since. [knock on wood]).
How many times she's thrown up in the past 5.25 days: About 20.
How many loads of laundry I've done in the last 5.25 days: around 10
(when I usually do around 4 loads per week)
How many family members she's infected: 1 - Michael
How many days Michael took off of work: 2
How many times I cried from being burnt-out: 5
How many pills she was given for nausea: 6, with an option to refill.
How many of those she's taken: 1
In how many doses: 2 (1/2 dose for my little girl)

How many times I want to administer this: -5 bazillion

Why: The medicine is a suppository.

Yes, I have to Vaseline up my finger and the half of the suppository and guide it past her little sphincter as she cries and screams.

Not fun? Ohhhh... "Not fun" is a huge understatement.

Suppository is to "not fun":: Being boiled alive in a volcanic eruption is to "feeling a tad bit warm.

But I don't think that even that amount of understatement covers this travesty.

Feel free to come up with a better one.

No comments: