Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Again, I've been remiss in my duties ...

Obviously, I need to make sure that y'all know this: I am fine.
As far as I'm aware (and I'll know FORSURE-FORSURE Tuesday afternoon, what with bloodwork and another ultrasound), the bean/fetus/whatchamacallit is FINE, too.

ClotWatch 2011 has passed. And, starting Friday, my chances of miscarriage drop to about 1%, so that's a little more reassuring.

At least until I get the ultrasound and results from THIS coming blood draw AND the next round (about a month later) ... Here's hoping for nothing out of the ordinary. No nuchal abnormalities or any Trisomies ... Honestly, really ... this is MY child we're talking about. Normal? Not a chance.
Healthy, though? No real genetic abnormalities? THAT'S what I'm talking about. ^_^

Let's see ... what's gone on since I last blogged?
  • Mostly just popping my Zofran (at least once a day) to stave off the nausea. Still.
  • Still volunteering at the library. 
  • TRYING to get the house in some semblance of order. Which doesn't happen very easily when you spend a good deal of your day lying in bed (because you feel less nauseated AND you are to the point where you NEED a nap between 2-5PM, though whether you GET one is not guaranteed).
  • Went down to visit family ... saw Nana. She's doing okay. I worry about her, though. I mean, when you START OUT with SIX grandparents ... and now that I'm down to just TWO (and a new stepgrandma, but not the one that was my Grammy) ... AND the fact that I'm a resistant-to-change only child ... well, does THAT make sense that I'm a LITTLE antsy?
  • The kiddos and I got to hold kittens at my Dad's. A stray had a litter of four. ... It's been a long time since I got to hold little fuzzies. 
  • Michael and I got a touch of food poisoning (well, HIM more than me. But it's not good when you're VIOLENTLY ill even AFTER taking Zofran. Oy. I have some broken blood vessels in my eye lid. Time to put concealer on, right?) at a family reunion.
  • I COULD talk about the side effects of Zofran ... and I'm NOT talking about the headache I was warned about. *grumbles* I've had one MILD headache on Zofran. With the OTHER, MORE PERSISTENT side effect, let's just say that I'm working VERY HARD to take more fiber (Yay for Fiber Gummi Chews!) and water ... and ... um... stool softener capsules. SO not fun.
    Especially when you throw up those capsules. Ugh.
    Like I said, I could talk about those side effects.
    But I won't.
    Much.
    *grumbles*
Yesterday morning, I woke up and checked my email and such on my phone (pretty, pretty Droid. O, how I adore thee!) ... and then I noticed something out of the ordinary.
I was using my 3G (Verizon's internet), not our home wireless.
So I made sure that my phone was set to connect to wireless (sometimes I turn it off). It was.
And I check that it still has our home wireless saved in it ... which it did ... but said that it was "Out of Range."
WHAT?!!??!? HELLO!!! I'm RIGHT HERE! At HOME! I'm seriously, MAYBE twenty feet from the router!
So, I drag myself out of bed and check the router/modem ... And, *gulp!*, all the lights are off.
I power cycle it (turn it off and back on again). Nothing. I check the power strip (which restarts the computer. Which needed to be restarted ANYWAYS), no dice.
So I call Michael. And I did make sure that our phones are working (since DSL is on our phone bill ... so, no, we're not behind). And I do check the phone cord outside (where it's plugged in there). It's all fine.
SO, then I call the phone company. And I got a nice gal who transferred me to a nice (Indian?) lady from Tech support. She commended me for doing a power cycle, had me switch which outlet the modem was plugged in to (no change).
And she gave me a very, very technical diagnosis: "Sounds like your problem is that ... it's BUSTED."

Now, I TRIED REALLY HARD not to snicker.
And I swallowed my urge to quip, "Oh, 'busted.' Is that a technical term?"
You should be SO PROUD of my restraint.

So, I got to discuss whether to rent or buy a new modem. AND, if the phone company sent it, it'd take a couple days. HOWEVER, Wal-Mart (which, though I have no issues with, I do love to refer to as Voldemart) does carry modems that are compatible with our DSL. So, when Michael got home, we skedaddled over to the OTHER town got some sundry supplies:
  • Wireless modem
  • Concealer (I was almost out)
  • Laundry detergent (ditto)
  • Small container of Tums (since our travel bag didn't have ANY in it. And Michael could have used them.)
  • Gummi Prenatals (since tossing up a Prenatal is NASTYSAUCE).
  • Two small laundry baskets ... so the kids can help put away laundry. ^_^
  • Sobe Lifewater (Strawberry Dragonfruit)  - For me, since I was thirsty and nauseated
  • King-size Twix bar - for Michael and the kids to share.
Then we went to Costco. And bought the kids a hot dog to share. Michael got a Carne Asada bake. I debated about (and decided not to get) a Berry Sundae Fro-yo. I don't regret it. I was a little hungry, but not in the mood to eat.
Though, I did take my gummi vitamins (Prenatal AND my new Calcium and Vit D gummies). I had already taken my (DELICIOSO!!) Fiber gummies that morning.
(Seriously, they are nummers -- Strawberry, blackberry, and peach. The peach taste JUST like a gummi-version of the Jolly Rancher peach candies. Which are my faves. Those and the fruit punch ones. When I can get those. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....)

But, yeah, got the modem set up (had to use the new power cord, but the other cords were already in place. So that went SO much faster this time). Got it all configured ... and I'm back online ON MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!

*sings* Reconnected... and it feels so good!!

Michael had complimented me earlier during the day about how I kept my sense of humor even without the intertubes ... and I had to admit that since my phone still got internet (Thanks to my AWESOMEST of ALL AWESOME HUSBANDS [Don't argue. He's the AWESOMEST to ME. Your spouse may be the coolest to YOU, but mine is the BESTEST to/for me. Just deal with it. {Step away from a confrontation with the scary, hormonal, pregger lady. Just back away. Nod and smile. Once you're a safe distance away, turn and RUN. GO! GO! GO! GO!}]), since Michael opted for the unlimited 3G, when it was still an option. ^_^

So, that should get us caught up to today. I cleaned the house (well, most of the public quarters): did the dishes, swept the kitchen, cleaned the dining room table (left the Harry Potter Legos on there for now ... Just the Hogwarts Express set and the Knight Bus. Not ALL of them ... Still need The Burrow and Diagon Alley. ... Yes, those ARE needs. What??), vacuumed the floor, hung the bird treats on the Sweetgum tree out by the kids' window. Only threw up once, when I was working on the two pots that I had to handwash. Oy.
And I did a couple loads of laundry thus far.

Mom's coming up today. Her birthday is Friday. So, if you're friends with her on Facebook, make sure to wish her a happy 29th birthday.
What? She's SO 29.
(So what if I'm 30?)
At oldest, she's 29-1/2.
Which rounds down to 29.
So THERE!!!
(In the words of Adam Savage, "I reject your reality and substitute my own!")
(This is kinda like how my Nana, though she's really 80 now, will ALWAYS be 57 to me. But not very much like that at all.)

(Is it weird that I REALLY, REALLY wish that I had Adam Savage as a big brother? I adore him. He's so fun. Michael relates more to Jaime, but I'm a HUGE Adam fan. ... Which explains a LOT about Michael's and my relationship. He's the Jamie to my Adam, the Shawn to my Gus, the cheese to my macaroni ... ^_^)

But the kids are happily watching Netflix (they were sad they couldn't yesterday). I'm happily surfing the interwebs, playing my Facebook games, blogging, sharing links and links and links with Michael ...

Now to get a shower before my mom comes.

Hope that you all are doing well, too!!

One thing that's nice about all the puking that I'm doing ... and how I barely eat ... I'm eating better (when I do eat) and I'm eating better portion sizes. (At McDonald's last week? Eating a MEAL is too much. I just need my Quarter Pounder (no onions, extra pickles) and a smoothie. Then Mom lets me pick at the salad she doesn't finish.)
And Michael noticed that I look skinnier. Which is nice.
My wedding ring is getting looser.

Speaking of my ring, I took it off to shower (put my haircolor renewal stuff in my hair ... now it's more red than light brown, but that's okay). I forgot to put it back on until Michael came home, which woke me up from my nap. I went to the bathroom ... and went to put on my ring. AND I COULDN'T FIND IT!!!!!
Because Michael picked it up and was holding it.
*DEEP BREATHS* I was FREAKING OUT.
But it's safely ensconced back on my finger again. PHEW.

I had to buy new sunglasses Monday. My old pair broke in my purse.
So I got some at Ross for cheap. And they're cute.
When I went to go shopping, I left the kids with Michael (who'd come home early since he was still sick).
I gave the kids hugs and kisses. And Bucket told me, "I'm going to miss you SO MUCH, so I will hold your love in my heart!"
Where does she get these things?
It was adorable, though.
Bruise made sure to tell me, when I got home, that he missed me a lot, too. ^_^

I have sweet kids. And a sweet, wonderful husband.
Hopefully this little incubatee follows suit. ^_^

No comments: