Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Catching Up ... Again

Please accept my humble and myriad apologies for my abject neglect of you!

Things have just been ... things. ^_^

We went down to visit my family this last weekend, since my mom's birthday is TODAY (a weekday). She asked for me to download and install some good anti-bad-stuff software, so I did.
(If you really want to know what she got? OpenOffice, since she needed a word-processing program. And Michael likes OpenOffice fine. The things that I installed were Avira's Anti-Vir [antivirus], Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Clean-Up! They're all free and if my friend, Damien, who does IT for a hospital recommends them, then I totally trust his judgement. ^_^)

I finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak aloud to Michael. Only broke into tears about, what, three or four times. It's a really, really, REALLY good book. If you haven't read it, I totally recommend it. It's not the HAPPIEST book ... but it's really, really, REALLY, REALLY good. (I've read it before, which is why I knew I HAD to read it with Michael.)
(Now we're more than halfway through John O'Hurley's It's Okay to Miss the Bed on the First Jump: And Other Life Lessons I Learned from Dogs, which is quite fun. Even though I'm not the biggest dog-person, it's a really good book. I'm enjoying it.)

For the rest of the time, I've been working on various little things. Michael and I folded the laundry. I've taken the kids to storytimes at our libraries. I cleaned out the kids' dresser drawers and put away all their clothes (until I finish folding what's in the washer and dryer :S). I had caught up on the dishes. I went visiting teaching (Yay! We did it! And it's not the last day of the month!!!). I've worked on rosters and lists and etc for Young Women's.

I need to work on my Personal Progress. I never completed mine when I was in Young Women's ... and that was with the OLD manual. The big white one ... where you could earn a total of four necklaces. I only ever earned my Beehive medallion, which I still have. I still need to finish the requirements for the Mia Maid and Laurel requirements. Then I can do the last bits for the last one. The Young Women Recognition, or whatever it was called. I'd have to go dig out my old manual to look it up.

For the new manual, if you didn't know, you earn only the one necklace for your Young Women recognition. And it doesn't look like any of the past necklaces ... except the fact that it's in an oval shape. ^_^ But the program has been streamlined quite a bit. Six value experiences in the seven older values (Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, and Integrity) and four for the newest value (Virtue). Plus a Value Project (to help oneself put in practice what one has learned about that value ... and takes at least 10 hours) for each Value.

It's pretty cool. And we've gotten quite a few of our girls who've already earned theirs. I've been in my callings in YW for over a year now. I need to really get on things. *sigh* I need to stop being lazy. ^_^

Bruise didn't want to take a nap yesterday. He came out proclaiming that "The clock is on the twelve!"(meaning that it's SOMETHING-o'clock. They were supposed to nap until 4:00 ... it was 2:00 or 3:00. When I sent him back to bed, he was sobbing so much that I was worried he'd wake up Bucket [No fears there. She wasn't going to wake up until after 4. And that was with my working to wake her up! TIRED girl!!]. So I brought him into my bed where he snuggled himself to sleep as I finished a book.
He's so silly sometimes. And, oh, but as he demanded a Kleenex to wipe his nose, I realized how much of a big boy he's getting to be. Even though he still likes to give me kisses and snuggle and be tickled ... that's going to change. All too soon. Dang boy's growing up before my eyes. I don't know if I like it.

I'm not all that great with change. As you can probably tell. Since I've accepted Gingi-cat's death OH-SO gracefully. *sigh*

I'm mostly all better. I can look at pictures and a little seven-second video I took of her once without it hurting too badly. But I do miss her something fierce. If I didn't have Crazy-head Diana-cat, I might go out and get a kitten. Except that'd be expensive with the immunizations a kitten needs and all. *sigh* And the spaying. Oy. That's more expensive. Ugh.

Besides that ... well, there's not a whole ton of a ton of stuff going on. Mostly just the same-ol', same-ol'. ... Yes, I could be much more exciting.

But to close up, I'll share this music video. It was done with some help from Jed Whedon (Joss Whedon's brother) and I enjoy it quite a lot. ^_^

No comments: