Sunday, August 02, 2009

Last night ...

... I was able to sleep the night through without waking up to cry.

It helps that I put a flower on Gingi-cat's grave. It comforts me a little to look out and see that bare, dry earth with a hydrangea on it.

On the other hand, I have to say that (when they're not whining) my kids are pretty awesome.

Bruise was snuggling with me, and as I started to cry, he jumped up, "I get you a K'eenex!"
And he did.
After I wiped my eyes and nose, he was about to throw it away ... but I stopped him, "I can still use it."
Then he wouldn't LET me throw it away. "Put it under your pillow," he instructed me, "and it will turn into a wowwipop."
"My Kleenex will turn into a lollipop??"
"Yeah."
"Really. Is that how lollipops are made?"
"Yes."

Adorable. I totally blame my mom for bringing those lollipops all gussied up for Halloween ... you know the kind -- decorated as ghosts with a Kleenex with eyes and a mouth drawn on, held in place with a bit of yarn?
(The kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those. As they do anything involving a lollipop. ^_^)

And, hey, if you can say a prayer or two that Michael will be able to fix the truck, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

No comments: