Wednesday, July 03, 2013

That boy of mine ...

You know how I was recently complaining that I usually never remember the hilarious things that Bruise spouts?

Well, he gave me a doozy today, bless him.

As Mom, the kids, and I are all headed home from swim lessons, Bucket announces that she has to go to the bathroom. About halfway home (not very far), she asks me, "Mom!! What can I do to help me not have to go pee right now??" (Since, around a week ago, I had her pinch the webbing near her thumb as a distraction in nearly the same situation.)

I tell her to pinch at the webbing. And she says that it's too soft (since her skin is a little waterlogged). So I tell her that maybe she can pinch the skin on the side of one of her fingers, or maybe an eardrum.

And Bruise pipes up, "Since I'm not a girl, sometimes I could pinch my weenie so the pee doesn't come out!"

WHAT. THE. WHAT.

I don't know where this "weenie" business came from. I'm a proponent of calling one's body parts by the real name ... although, I do refer to private bits with epithets, mostly out of boredom.

But, yeah, we all had a good laugh about that.

That's my boy.
Who I now can tease by calling him  Mr. Weenie ... I'll make sure to tell this story when he starts bringing girls home in another ten years or so. Mwhahaha.

No comments: