Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ennui ... Gargh.

No, "gargh" isn't a real word. It's the sound you make when you're trying not to headdesk.

I'm just about all packed up for Girls' Camp on Monday. I have the kids packed up, except for toothbrushes. And pillows. And their booster seats. ... But, yeah, most of everything is done. Yay me.

I'm peeved at the kids. I was getting out of the shower and they asked if they could go out and see Daddy (Michael was working on the yard. Weed-whacking and such), I told them no. They went outside anyways. I didn't go after them since, you know, getting out of the shower ... I'm not dressed appropriately.

Pretty much, I told them that they're dead to me. Okay, I told them that, since they don't listen to me, I'm on strike. They can get their own food. They shouldn't talk to me. I really don't want to interact with them right now.

Yeah, I'm such a loving and Christlike mom.

I feel especially sucky, since this is the last day that I'll really see them for most of the day.
MOTHERING FAIL.

It's not like I don't have enough to think about today already ... we're going to get the oil in the van changed (about time! We keep putting it off since our budget still doesn't have tons of room for things like that), and I need to vacuum the inside of the van. It could be washed ... but after driving to camp, it'll be all covered with dust again. I have books to finish and books to return. There's our niece's birthday party ... and Michael and I are going to the temple.  ... At least the dishes are almost all done. *phew*

--------------

In other news, when Michael and I woke up Wednesday morning, Bruise was in bed with us.
We have no idea when or why he climbed in. He had to climb in over one of us (usually me), so I'm a little disturbed that I was sleeping SO deeply that I didn't feel/notice him get in bed with us.

And he was asleep when Michael left ... and I was too tired to remember to ask him why he came into bed with us. So it's a total mystery. And it kinda weirds me out. Because I like to be aware of what's going on around me.

Okay. Closing up. Not like I feel excellent or anything. Oh well. But I figured that I'd share. I know you're so thrilled.

No comments: