Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bruise's Career Goals

I was chatting with Bruise, who came in while I was getting a shower.

Me: Hey, Bruise?
Him: Yeah?
Me: What do you want to do when you're a grown-up?
Him: ... Um ... Be a policeman.
Me: Okay. Cool. That'll be good. ... Are you going to go on a mission first?
Him: Yeah.
Me: Where do you want to go?
Him: To the desert.
Me: Cool! So, just like Daddy, then, huh?
Him: Yup.
Me: What are you going to do on your mission?
Him: Feed the lizards.
Me: Oh ... okay. What are you going to feed them?
Him: About Jesus.

Then I realize that I've misheard my son ... TEACH the lizards, not FEED the lizards.

Me: ... Really? Okay. Do you think that the lizards already believe in Jesus, though?
Him: Just a little.
Me: Okay.

So, I've got a little St. Francis wanna-be on my hands. *lol* Nice.
Can't say that I really blame him, though.
When I was around his age, I remember being QUITE. PUT. OUT. that I couldn't bring my cats to church. It seemed a little species-ist to only allow HUMANS to worship.
Though, some people do have allergies ... so I guess that animals just get to meditate on their own. :P
(That and animals are here to fulfill their measure of creation ... so they don't NEED all the teaching that we do. That's nice. I mean, even J. Golden Kimball testified that there's no reason why animals shouldn't be in Heaven. ^_^ ... "Since there are enough horses' [bottoms] going, why not your horse?" is rather the sentiment he expressed. :P)

So, time to finish getting ready for church.
Obviously, Freyja can use this quiet time for reflection. ... And, if she's so inclined, I have my scriptures on my nightstand for study. ^_^


**********Edited to add: The teaching the lizards is actually from Michael. When we told the kids about his mission, he had joked that he taught the lizards in the desert. ... And the kids thought that was HILARIOUS.
And it's now their lives' goal. :P

So, like as it's said in Into the Woods, "Be careful what you say, children will listen."

No comments: