Wednesday, February 26, 2014

TMI Tag!

In full disclosure, I totally stole this from Kandee Johnson's blog.

1: What are you wearing?
A grey long-sleeved shirt I've had since my freshman year of college, jeans, and white socks. And underthings. And earrings. And my wedding set (rings). And a bandage on my left pinky.

2: Ever been in love? 
Well, I should very well hope so! I mean, I'm MARRIED. I'd sure hope that I love Michael (I do)!

3: Ever had a terrible breakup?
Ha, Michael and I were just talking about that. I wouldn't say that any of my break-ups have been SUPERFUN or anything ... but I had to break up with my first boyfriend THREE TIMES (and he did fight that last one), which meant that I was rebuffing all attempts to get back together. Not fun or easy ... but necessary (We weren't good for each other, really.)

4: How tall are you?
     5'4.75" ... Most people round it up to 5'5".

5: How much do you weigh?
Um ... that's a good question! We don't have a working scale in the house, so ... um ... I know that I have to be less than 500 pounds. And I know that I'm definitely over 100 pounds. So ... yeah. I really don't know. 

6: Any tattoos?
Nope. Not for me. But I do like watching L.A. Ink.


7: Any piercings?
I have earrings. I used to have two sets of earrings. But I only wear one pair of earrings.


8: OTP?
Estrella and Spike (long story, but it's from fanfic that one of my friends and I wrote in high school. Before fanfic was a THING. Yes, I'm THAT OLD. Be afraid.)


9: Favorite show?
That's almost a funny question. We don't really watch TV (no cable/satellite), so I usually forget there's more to live than Netflix or Amazon Prime Streaming. ... Right now, I'm really enjoying Sherlock and Downton Abbey. Michael and I started watching BBC America's Bedlam, and that's pretty awesome.
I also have enjoyed Firefly, House, MD; Bones, Castle, The Big Bang Theory, The IT Crowd, So You Think You Can Dance, Doctor Who, Daria, Whose Line Is It Anyway, ... Yeah, I'm rather eclectic. 

10: Favorite bands?
I actually don't listen to a whole lot of music (unless I'm in the car), so I'm not hip with all the current bands (one reason I love SYTYCD is that I get to hear a lot of fun songs). If nothing else, I do like Queen something fierce. But I usually end up belting out songs from Disney movies or Broadway musicals. 


11: Something you miss? There are a lot of things that I miss. Often, I miss PEOPLE (my Grandma D, Pop-pop, friends who've moved away). but I also miss stores that have gone out of business, books that I've read but don't own ... my HS body ... being in theatre in high school, since I had AWESOME friends there ...

12: Favorite song?
Oh, that's a very loaded question. I like a lot for different reasons. It's like asking me to narrow down a favorite book. ...  For this second, I'll say "As the World Falls Down" from Labyrinth (David Bowie). Because I LOVED that song and still do, over 20 years later.
But, if you ask me again, it might be something different.

13: How old are you?
I'm 32 ... getting close to 33.
I know! I've never been this old before! It's quite uncanny!

14: Zodiac sign? I'm an Aries ... but I really don't buy into the stars controlling our fate.
If you're going with the Chinese zodiac, I'm a metal Rooster.
(Which makes me think of The Bloggess's post about "Beyonce." "This Rooster WILL CUT YOU." Be aware, the link has quite the amount of profanity, but it's so hilarious. I'm talking eye-watering guffaws, here.)

15: Quality you look for in a partner?
Intelligence and a sense of humor.
I don't know which is more important, really. I can't feel comfortable around someone if they don't have a sense of humor. And I need to be able to have a good conversation with people.
Thankfully, Michael possesses BOTH these attributes, along with a crazy amount of patience. Phew!!
(I totally lucked out!!)


16: Favorite Quote?
17: Favorite actor? I like quite a few. Benedict Cumberbatch is brilliant. As is Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Jennifer Coolidge, Tom Hiddleston, Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Ellen Page, Felicia Day, Nathan Fillion, Alan Tundyk, Anthony Stewart Head, Lee Pace, Kristin Chenoweth, Colin Macherie, Ryan Stiles, Seth Green ... the list does go on quite a bit ...


18: Favorite color?
I don't like having to choose ONE favorite color. Wouldn't that hurt the other colors' feelings??
But, I like blues, greens, purples.
I like jeweltones.
I like pastels.
I like pink.
I like black and white.
I love grey.



19: Loud music or soft?
If I'm trying to work on something, soft, please.
(Like I said, I often don't even think of turning on music or the TV).
If I'm dancing or hardcore cleaning? Loud is better.
But not TOO loud. I don't relish getting a migraine from things being too loud.

20: Where do you go when you’re sad?
I often curl up in bed with a good book (usually an old favorite, since I KNOW it WILL make me feel better. Or the shower, for a good cry without having saltwater stuck in my eyes for overlong. Owww.)

21: How long does it take you to shower?
Around 15 minutes?
Depending if I am shaving or doing a deep-conditioning treatment.
Or if I'm trying to get warm.
Or if I need a good cry.
Or if I'm in a terrible rush.


22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
23: Ever been in a physical fight?
24: Turn on?
25: Turn off?
26: The reason I joined Youtube?
Morbid curiosity? Does that count?
Honestly, it was to enable myself to post videos and maybe vlog with my Bri (but I am too verbose for that).

27: Fears?
I am full of (mostly-irrational) fears. I worry that I'll poke my eye out on the corner of the tiny counter as I get up from the toilet in our master bathroom. I worry that Michael will die. I worry that I'll fail my children. I worry that I'll be bigger than Michael. I worry that I'll lose my teeth. I worry that my sun spots on my cheek won't ever go away. I worry that I'm a terrible friend/person. I worry that I'll end up with diabetes. I worry that my ankle will always feel borked ... I'm a worrier.


28: Last thing that made you cry?
Probably frustration. Or being tired. Or hormones. I don't really recall.



29: Last time you said you loved someone?
This morning, surfacing to consciousness as Michael kissed me before he headed to work.

30: Meaning behind your YouTube Name?
Um ... It's Allanna Lee (my first and middle names) minus the first syllable.
Not anything too crazy.
And it's one of my real-life nicknames, so it's easy-peasy-rice-and-cheesy to remember.
(Bonus points: It's pronounced "LAWN-nuh Lee," from Ah-LAWN-ah LEE." See? Not hard at all!)

31: Last book you read?
"Timeline" by Michael Crichton


32: The book you’re currently reading?
Here's the books that I'm currently reading:
"Studying the Scriptures" by Gene R. Cook,
"The Chronicles of Harris Burdick" - 14 authors have written short stories to go along with the pictures by Chris van Allsburg, ... and quite a few that either Michael and I have started together, or that I've started and haven't yet finished.


33: Last show you watched?
Like I mentioned, Michael and I started watching Bedlam last night.

34: Last person you talked to? On the phone? That'd be a gal from church, since I'm working at getting meals set up for another gal al church (having surgery in a week). In person would be the kids. 

35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted?
She's a friend from church.
We used to Visit Teach each other.
(The text before THAT is from the library ... Total BFFs, right?)


36: Favorite food?
The edible ones ... I don't care for corned beef hash. But I like most other things.

I just really like food a lot.

37: Place you want to visit? Scotland. Great Britain, really. Belgium. Australia. New Zealand. Hawai'i. Germany. The Smithsonian. The Mutter Museum. Madame Tussaud's. Okunoshima Island. ... Japan. China. I'd like to go to Victoria, BC again. The Galapagos Islands ...

38: Last place you were?
Um, I ran an errand to the library, Safeway, and to deliver a meal. Does that count?
If not, our last vacation was Disneyland and LEGOLand. It was awesome. Our first REAL family vacation. It was AWESOME.


39: Do you have a crush? I am still crushing on my awesome husband. That counts, right?

40: Last time you kissed someone? I believe I mentioned that Michael kissed me goodbye this morning as he left for work. I'll be collecting kisses from the kids before they scurry off to school this morning.

41: Last time you were insulted? I poke fun at myself everyday. If that's not what you're looking for, I don't really recall when or who last insulted me. I try not to keep score (even if it hurts at the time).

42: Favorite flavor of sweet? I like fresh raspberries. I also like cherry-flavored sweets. Love chocolates (dark or milk, please). Lemon is good, too. I don't much care for green apple (unless it's jolly Ranchers) or blue raspberry. What a travesty. (Sorry if you LOVE blue raspberry. I like real raspberries. Sorry.)

43: What instruments do you play? 
I can play the radio.
I can plunk out a melody on the piano. (I used to take lessons. Should have practiced so much more.)
I've learned to play a pure note on the flute. I can get a clarinet to not screech. I can draw a bow across the strings of a violin. I can play a note on a trumpet. I used to know how to play a couple songs on the ukulele in fifth grade. And the recorder-flute in second or third grade.
Besides the piano, though, I don't know what notes I'm trying to play.


44: Favorite piece of jewelry?
I'll say my wedding set (engagement ring and wedding band), since I wear it constantly.

45: Last sport you played? 
Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa.
Haahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!! 
Oh, wait, you're being serious??
I played volleyball in seventh grade. Did not much care for it. 
After regular PE classes, I took a karate class in college. Again, not what my heart is in.
I like to go swimming in rivers for fun (but that's hard with littles).
I'm not very athletic.
I did a 5K once. Mostly walking. Folks worried that I (and Jenny, who COULD manage to run it all, but was kind enough to walk with my out-of-breath self), was lost.
Nope. Just have no stamina.


46: Last song you sang?
In the shower, you mean? Probably "Let it Go," since that's Bubbles' favorite song right now. Maybe bits of "Love is an Open Door." In front of an audience, I had a solo line in one of the songs from "Savior of the World - Act Two: His  Resurrection." Unless you count singing in church choir. We've been practicing every week lately.


47: Favorite chat up line? You're assuming that I chat up people on a regular basis. Still, the best one I've learned was "Nice shoes." 

48: Have you ever used it? Actually, yes. Didn't really pan out, but honest compliments are always good.

49: Last time you hung out with anyone? 
Besides Michael, you mean? 
I had a Relief Society (church women's group) activity last week. 
If you're talking purely social, then um, a couple months ago, I visited with my Roxy for the day. Took her out for a birthday lunch, we played SongStar (in which I had my bum properly handed to me on a silver platter), and chatted and drank sparking pear cider.
Because we are wild and crazy kids.


50: Who should answer these questions next?
Um, whoever wants to ... I'm not going to demand anyone do anything they don't want to. 

No comments: