Monday, February 27, 2017

#52Lists - List 1 - List What Makes You Happy Right Now

Okay, so after being a sadsack for the last year or so, I'm working at NOT being a pathetic sadsack and getting my groove back. I used to be a happier person with more self-confidence, and I'm determined to find that girl again.

So, part of my self-imposed therapy is that I bought a book called 52 Lists for Happiness.
I like making lists. I like happiness. Ergo, this seems like a decent idea, right?

And I might as well get started at some point ... so here I am (FINALLY) with the first list in the book:
List What Makes You Happy Right Now (or, in Church-speak, "Count Your Blessings.")

So, in no particular order, here we go:
  • My husband
  • The gospel of Jesus Christ. I like that we are loved beyond comprehension. And that we're allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. And that love is a basic principle. It's awesome.
  • President Thomas S. Monson, even though I'm worried about how much longer we get to keep him. But he's always got some of the BEST stories. And I'm a sucker for stories.
  • BOOKS. I heart me the written word something fierce.
  • Chocolate.
  • My family. They're pretty awesome.
  • Herbal and Rooibos tea ... pairs perfectly with a book or a historical costume drama.
  • Historical costume dramas.
  • Cats
  • Fennec foxes
  • Quokkas ... They are SO DANG HAPPY!!
  • Platypusses/Platypi ... they're cute.
  • Bunnies
  • Baby animals
  • Chameleons
  • Nail polish ... especially anything with holo glitters. 
  • Rainbows. I like all the colors!
  • Christmas, because everyone works to be just a little NICER and more COMPASSIONATE.
  • Beef stroganoff
  • Mashed potatoes.
  • Cherry cheesecake
  • Hot chocolate (the beverage. But I do also like that one song, "I Believe in Miracles," too.)
  • Fountain pens
  • Office supplies in general
  • The smell of laminating film (see above)
  • The smell of new books
  • The smell of old books.
  • Edward Gorey art (and writing)
  • Lemony Snicket's writing style
  • Fonts (like the handwriting and typography kind. I mean the water-type are cool, too ... but not AS cool to me. No offense if that's what floats your boat. #NoPunIntended #SeeWhatIDidThere)
  • Typography in general ... it's just something that I find aesthetically pleasing. 
  • Spellcheck
  • The Internet (well, not ALL of it, since there's some scary and bad stuff out there. But I do like the parts of it that I deal with. Social media, games, facebook, blogging, finding answers at a moment's notice, family history, ...)
  • Coloring (the feel of a marker or gel pen under your hand? The smell of crayons? The whisper of a colored pencil gliding? It's pretty awesome.)
  • Dancing ... especially when I was in shape.
  • Swimming
  • Lip gloss/lip balm
  • Anime and other cartoons
  • Those massage chairs at some nail salons
  • When my house is clean
  • Having more than 15% free memory on my phone
  • Music
  • Singing
  • When you're pregnant and you can feel your little parasite (I say that lovingly) move inside your uterus.
  • My Sunday School class
  • Relief Society
  • Girls Nights Out
  • Chatting with friends
  • Watching my youngest dance at her ballet class
  • Snuggles with my son
  • Chatting with my daughter
  • Scented markers
  • Naps
I'd put more, but MY SWEET BAYBEES are all awake and LOUDLY getting ready for school, so I can't think of much more around their energetic vocal ministrations. :P

But, hey, it's a start, right?

And a lot more things than those listed above make me happy. Those are just the ones that I thought about first.

No comments: