Saturday, December 15, 2018

Crankypants

This week has been BUSY.
Choir concert, Relief Society Board Party, Mutual, etc, etc, etc ... and tonight is the Ward Christmas Party ... which has been rather last-minute, so we're all scrambling.

I'm just so DONE. And that was BEFORE I knew that we'd be setting up not only at 10 this morning, but ALSO an hour before the party starts. UGH.

Michael and the Scouts are out camping. They SHOULD get home by 1. I have to be back to the church by 5pm.

I've cooked a ham (with my mom). We didn't have to buy it, so there's that.
I will also be bringing a dish of scalloped potatoes.
AND a dessert.

I really feel like my brain is melting.

Between all that and the fact that I miss Nana and Pop-pop and Grandma Darlene something fierce. And that this year I have to miss ALL THREE of them ... it's a little rough.

Good news: My mom is totally living here (since Thanksgiving). It's awesome and I love it.
We have 98% of all the presents wrapped. I got presents to my uncle and his family as well as the presents to my great-aunt and her girls already all mailed off.

My stepdad hasn't contacted my mom at all since he moved up with one of my stepsisters. I know it hurts her. Especially since her life was pretty centered at taking care of him. It looks like their future divorce is pretty imminent. That and he was always talking about how, if he's not living at home, he'd divorce her and marry a nice LDS widow who would take care of him. ... Dementia is SO FUN. (That's a total lie. It sucks. Majorly. Especially when it totally turns someone into a complete narcissist. Bless his heart. He's a good person when he's lucid. ... But, more often than not, lucidity is harder to find.)

Okay, I have to run over to the church (which Michael, Mom, and I cleaned yesterday) to help set up.

Is there enough Cherry Coke in the world to get me through today?

(Though, I did sleep in until 8:30. I did wake up when the power blinked off around 3:30am ... but after resetting a couple clocks and taking a bathroom break, I submerged into blissful unconsciousness again. Lovely.)

No comments: