Monday, January 02, 2012

As I'm trying to nap ...

I hear my daughter (Bucket, not the in-utero one), mostly on-key, belting out:

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ... a partridge in a pear tree!
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ... a partridge in a pear tree!!
On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ... a partridge in a pear tree!!

And then she lost interest and went about playing at something else.

Bruise, on the other hand, has been plopped on the couch, playing Lego Pirates of the Caribbean with Michael (It has to go back to the library soon).

Now, since I've wasted a good chunk of the day reading and taking a nap (but the dishes are at least HALFWAY done, since there's still a load of pots and pans and a little more to go in the dishwasher ... and I need to do [at least] a couple more loads of laundry ... so, um ... that's progress!!), it's time to make dinner and then have Family Home Evening.

And, in totally unrelated news, my sinuses are still MOSTLY clear. Yay!

No comments: