Satan whispers in the ears of those who list to obey him, "Lie a little; deceive a little, take the advantage of your neighbour a little, drink whisky a little: it will not harm you;"—leading them along, as it were, with silken cords, until he binds them with his strong chains, and readily leads them down to destruction.-- Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7,"Oneness of the Priesthood,"
Monday, September 29, 2008
- I would love to have the dictionary memorized. No, really. I like me some words.
- I'm aghast at how much on UrbanDictionary.com is all about smutty things.
- I can't understand how some people don't get the joy and wonder of LOLcats.
- I amaze Michael by using very geeky lingo.
(The phrase "Full of win" was especially confusing to him.)
- I have pretty good recall of what I've read. Like people are all surprised by it. *shrugs*
- One of my friends always accuses me of playing dumber than I am. He may be right.
But I'm not too sure about that. People tell me that I'm all smart ... but I really don't feel
all that smart. Seriously.
- I also don't feel like I'm the most interesting person. So it's a good thing that I can quote movies rather well. :P
What are the last three things you purchased?
- Birthday presents for Dad and my Stepdad
- Coloring books for Bruise and Bucket
- Strawberry Milkshake-flavored WhoppersWhat are the last three songs you downloaded for your ipod?
What are your three favorite movies?
- Hey Ya! - Obediah Parker
- Mercy - Duffy
- Toxic - Yael Naim
What are three things you have not done yet?
- The Last Unicorn
- While You Were Sleeping
What are three things you can not live without?(excluding people)
- Traveled to Europe
- Learned to SCUBA dive
- Learned Japanese or Gaelic
- A computer connected to the internet
- Nail polish (It makes me feel girly and pretty)
What are your three favorite dishes?
- Beef Stroganoff
- Pasta Carbonara (or Alfredo with Broccoli)
- Mashed Potatoes
What are your three favorite T.V. shows?
- House, M.D.
What are the last three places you traveled to that were more than one-hundred miles away?
- My family (Southern Oregon)
- Michael's Family (Southern-er Oregon)
- San Fransisco, CA
What are your three favorite desserts?
- Cherry Cheesecake
- Ice Cream
- Poundcake or Butter Cookies
What are three things you would buy if money were not an issue?
- Bigger house with a yard and a pool and a zoo and a library ...
- New van (the Toyota Sienna looks nice!)
Three people I tag:
And if you do want to do it, let me know. I'll come read your answers. ^_^
Thursday, September 25, 2008
As if that's out of the norm for me. *shakes head*
But, if that were the case, I'd never be ready for the day they will
Monday, September 22, 2008
I leaned over to Michael shortly after the ceremony began and whispered, "I wonder if they paid extra for the accent?"
Me: Do you want dinner?
B: No. Noonooles ("Noodles.")
Me: ... and a tortilla? And beans? And salsa?
Me: And guacamoles?
I really need to start using first- and second-person pronouns now. They can handle it.
And I wiggled the blue sheet down, maybe a half-inch or an inch.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
But that would require some serious work in getting my hair the right color. I think my mom would cry so hard. If I go as Jerrica, though, NO ONE would get it. They'd just think I was going for the "80s fashioned creative businesswoman" ... and that's not anywhere near as fun.
(I mean, I could try being Synergy or Danse ... but even fewer people would get that at all. *sad face*)
Another idea that only requires me to get a decent olive-colored jumpsuit ... and a teddybear patch for it would be Kaylee Frye from Serenity/Firefly. I LOVE her character. And I wouldn't really have to do a lot with my hair, since she often wears hers however.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
And I was saying something about you and she was all, "WOAH, is that 'Blather. Rinse. Repeat?'"And I had to laugh because she continuted with, "I see her all over the place!"
Bucket: "Swinderlella"Bruise: "Truck. No. Car. No. Wobot ..."
Now, rabbis are much more merciful in when a Bar Matzvah can be done (instead of just around the age of 13). Better late than never. I'm excited for Bernie. He's been through so much. He deserves every happiness. And he looks SO excited. Good for him.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
2. What is your favorite food? Chocolate
3. What high school did you go to? South Umpqua High School
4. What is your favorite color? Today, it's pink.
5. Who is your celebrity crush? Eric D. Snider. Because he makes me laugh so hard. And he can sing. And he totally mentioned me once in his blog. Squee!! (Gosh, now if he ever reads this, I'm going to sound like a stalker. :S)
6. What is your favorite drink? Raspberry Lemonade. Or water.
7. What is your dream vacation? England. Or Scotland. Just because.
8. What is your favorite dessert? Cherry Cheesecake. Yum.
9. What did you want to be when you grow up? A history major. ... But, really, my dream job changed almost as fast as my hair color would.
10. What do you love most in life? My family. And books.
11. What is one word that describes you? Curious.
12. What is your flickr name? LlannaLee
Instructions, if you'd like to do this yourself:
1. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
2. Using only the first page of results, and pick one image. [I did allow myself to choose between the first pages of the three search options: most relevant, most recent, and most interesting (I think most interesting is the default search]
3. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into Big Huge Lab’s Mosaic Maker to create a mosaic of the picture answers.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
- I'm SPEEDING through Breaking Dawn, since I need to get it back to Jenny so another of her friends can borrow it. (on page 561 of 754 -- Started yesterday afternoon. Boo yah, y'all!)
- Took the kidlets to storytime. Managed not to eat them as they kept TALKING to me and not listening to the stories.
- Took the kidlets to Target to buy cat food and stuff to GET RID OF THE @#*%&%! FLEA INFESTATION here. ... Which bring us up to the next story to share:
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
I figure that you might have questions. And I'm willing to answer (most of) them.
If there's anything that you've wondered and wanted to know, just hit me with a comment. Or even an email (if you know me IRL). I'll do my best to come through.
Like with this:
Jenny, I have a Nikon D40 DSLR. Yes, it can be bulky to carry around, but I LOVE the fact that I barely have any shutter lag (which was my main compaint about my dear little point-and-shoot). That and my Nikon's battery lasts SO much longer.
(The pluses about my point-and-shoot? It had a little video camera. And the zoom is nice. (I only have one lens for my Nikon. That will change once I get some more money. ^_^))
So, yes, if you have questions, fire away! And would you rather I answer right away? Or compile a list of FAQ?
And, also should I do my (terribly belated) list of 100 things about me?
And, other also, to day is my Emi-chan's birthday. She was one of the exchange students my senior year of high school. I lost touch with her while I was in college, which saddens me to no end. But if you hear of a Japanese girl named Emi, who was a foreign-exchange student in Southern Oregon in 1999, totally let me know. Especially if she went to prom with her dear friend, Allanna-chan. And laughs about toilet-kitty stationary.
Because I miss her. And I'm totally mad at myself for losing touch.
I tried to mail her a letter in 2002 or 2003 ... and I've never heard back. So her family must have moved. :(
But wherever she is, I hope that she's having a wonderful birthday.
Monday, September 08, 2008